BMW 5 Series - most comfortable cars
Whether cruising along or tackling tight corners, the BMW 5 Series has it all
Despite being an executive saloon rather than a fully-fledged limousine, the BMW 5 Series still offers brilliant ride quality that belies its size.
The current 5 Series makes use of tech from its 7 Series bigger brother, including carbon fibre in its construction and plenty of hi-tech gadgets. And another useful feature that's carried over is the 5 Series' ability to carry five people in comfort.
If you choose the adaptive dampers, the ride is almost on a par with the 7 Series and at just a push of a button can switch between motorway cruiser and b-road sports car.
OK, so there's not quite as much space as you'll find in a 7 Series, but rear occupants won't feel short-changed by a lack of head or knee room. And the cabin is still quiet and refined, while BMW offers a similar range of rear-seat entertainment as the 7 Series, too.
Most comfortable cars on sale
- 1IntroductionWe pick 10 of the most comfortable cars to drive, or be driven in, currently on sale in the UK
- 21. Mercedes S-ClassThe Mercedes S-Class leads the way for luxury, comfort, refinement and technology
- 32. Rolls-Royce PhantomA name etched into the luxury car market, the Rolls-Royce Phantom lives up to its reputation
- 43. Range RoverThe Range Rover is one of the most comfortable cars of all, both on the road and off it
- 54. BMW 7 SeriesThe BMW 7 Series offers supreme comfort across its model range and pushes the Mercedes S-Class harder than ever
- 65. Bentley MulsanneHand-crafted Bentley Mulsanne delivers luxury and performance in spades
- 76. Audi A8The latest Audi A8 has come on leaps and bounds to become an accomplished luxury limousine
- 87. BMW 5 Series - currently readingWhether cruising along or tackling tight corners, the BMW 5 Series has it all
- 98. Bentley BentaygaThe Bentley Bentayga might be expensive and inefficient, but it’s also one of the best luxury SUVs on sale
- 109. Audi Q7Second-generation Audi Q7 made big strides in ride quality and handling