Fiat 500 Cabrio
Fiat reveals first ever pictures of new 500C ahead of its Geneva debut next month.
The sky’s the limit for Fiat! The first official pictures of the 500 convertible – badged the 500C – have landed ahead of its Geneva debut in March. And in true Fiat style the quirky cabriolet has a style all of its own.
Paying homage to the 1957 original,the 500C uses a targa-style retractable soft-top, which has a number ofadvantages over a more conventional folding roof. The dimensions areidentical to the fixed-head version,saving on manufacturing costs – and ensuring it retains the samedart-like handling. The engines range is untouched, too – there’s the1.3-litre Multijet diesel, or a choice of two petrol units with either68bhp or 99bhp.
To maximise fuel efficiencyevery 500C features Fiat’s ‘Start&Stop’ technology, cutting theengine as soon as you’re in neutral and release the clutch – but firesback up the moment you select a gear. More details will follow closerto the car’s UK launch this summer.
In this review
- 1IntroductionHome of the best Geneva Motor Show coverage on the web.
- 2MINI John Cooper Works Convertible - official picturesFastest MINI convertible ever poised for Geneva debut
- 3BMW 5-Series Gran Turismo ConceptBMW enters a new niche with a stunning hatchback version of the 5-Series!
- 4Fiat 500 Cabrio - currently readingFiat reveals first ever pictures of new 500C ahead of its Geneva debut next month.
- 5Rolls Royce 200EX revealedSpirit of legendary British luxury car maker lives on in son of Phantom...
- 6Saab 9-3X - official picsThe new 9-3X promises SUV-like off-road ability combined with the practicality of an estate.
- 7Wraps come off E-Class CoupéMerc's CLK replacement has arrived, and we have first pictures of the new stunner.
- 8MiTo GTA blasts offSizzling flagship gets a high-power turbo. It also features bodykit and stiffer suspension
- 9Audi A4 allroad - officialWith its raised suspension and toughened bodywork, the new A4 Allroad is just as happy on the rough stuff as it is on Tarmac
- 10911 GT3 - first picsHarder and faster version of the 911 will debut at Geneva
- 11Electric 2+2 on showMitsubishi is set to reveal a new version of its electric i MiEV Sport concept at the Geneva Motor Show in March.
- 12Star of future is light fantasticStudy uses tailgate as screen to warn following drivers.
- 13MINI’s new base champEntry-level One is the cheapest and most frugal Clubman yet.
- 14Fastest BentleyNew model from Bentley guzzles biofuel, and delivers rocketship performance.
- 15Vauxhall AmperaVauxhall parent company Opel plans to lift the lid on new plans for electric cars at this year's Geneva Motor Show.