911 GT3 - first pics
Harder and faster version of the 911 will debut at Geneva
If you’re looking for more performance from the facelifted Porsche 911, don’t worry – the new GT3 is here!
Thetrack-biased version has a naturally aspirated flat-six engine whichproduces 429bhp. Performance is shattering, with a 0-60mph time of 4.1seconds, 0-100mph in 8.2 seconds and a top speed of 194mph. Stiffersuspension, more downforce, uprated brakes and lighter wheels shouldmake this the most focused 911 so far.
The car can also beordered with a hydraulic lift system for the front axle. This increasesground clearance for negotiating speed humps around town. The 911 GT3debuts at the Geneva Motor Show next month, and prices will start from£81,914 when it goes on sale in the UK in the autumn. Meanwhile, theBoxster is growing up! Porsche has only just revealed a faceliftedversion, but that hasn’t stopped engineers getting to work on anall-new model, due in late 2011.
Auto Express’ exclusive shotreveals the interior shares its look with the Panamera four-seater,with a large rev counter and new air vents. An increased track,repositioned wing mirrors and redesigned bumper will give the exteriora new appearance, too.
In this review
- 1IntroductionHome of the best Geneva Motor Show coverage on the web.
- 2MINI John Cooper Works Convertible - official picturesFastest MINI convertible ever poised for Geneva debut
- 3BMW 5-Series Gran Turismo ConceptBMW enters a new niche with a stunning hatchback version of the 5-Series!
- 4Fiat 500 CabrioFiat reveals first ever pictures of new 500C ahead of its Geneva debut next month.
- 5Rolls Royce 200EX revealedSpirit of legendary British luxury car maker lives on in son of Phantom...
- 6Saab 9-3X - official picsThe new 9-3X promises SUV-like off-road ability combined with the practicality of an estate.
- 7Wraps come off E-Class CoupéMerc's CLK replacement has arrived, and we have first pictures of the new stunner.
- 8MiTo GTA blasts offSizzling flagship gets a high-power turbo. It also features bodykit and stiffer suspension
- 9Audi A4 allroad - officialWith its raised suspension and toughened bodywork, the new A4 Allroad is just as happy on the rough stuff as it is on Tarmac
- 10911 GT3 - first pics - currently readingHarder and faster version of the 911 will debut at Geneva
- 11Electric 2+2 on showMitsubishi is set to reveal a new version of its electric i MiEV Sport concept at the Geneva Motor Show in March.
- 12Star of future is light fantasticStudy uses tailgate as screen to warn following drivers.
- 13MINI’s new base champEntry-level One is the cheapest and most frugal Clubman yet.
- 14Fastest BentleyNew model from Bentley guzzles biofuel, and delivers rocketship performance.
- 15Vauxhall AmperaVauxhall parent company Opel plans to lift the lid on new plans for electric cars at this year's Geneva Motor Show.