Audi A4 allroad - official
With its raised suspension and toughened bodywork, the new A4 Allroad is just as happy on the rough stuff as it is on Tarmac
Forget 4x4’s – Audi’s latest estate does two jobs for the price of one!
Thanksto its tough looks and tall suspension, ground clearance is increasedby 180 millimetres over the standard Avant, while up front there’s amore pronounced bumper and bigger air intakes.
The side profile gets flared wheel arches and the rear bumper is fitted with a stainless steel underbody guard.
Audi’sESP traction control system now features Offroad Detection technology(or ORD, for short) which automatically senses the surface and adjuststhe ESP’s response to spinning wheels.
On tarmac roads Audi’sdrive select lets drivers pick from comfortable, standard and sportymodes - which adjust throttle response, steering weight and gearchanges depending on your mood.
Three turbocharged engines areoffered at launch – one petrol and two diesels. A 211bhp 2.0 TFSI,170bhp 2.0 TDI and the range-topping 3.0 V6 TDI unit with 240bhp and acolossal 500Nm of torque. In the 2.0 TDI power is transferred through asix-speed manual, the other two powerplants use Audi’s quick-shiftingtwin-clutch S tronic transmission.
Scheduled to make its debutat the Geneva Motor Show, the A4 allroad will go on sale in earlysummer starting from around £29,500 for the 2.0 TDI.
In this review
- 1IntroductionHome of the best Geneva Motor Show coverage on the web.
- 2MINI John Cooper Works Convertible - official picturesFastest MINI convertible ever poised for Geneva debut
- 3BMW 5-Series Gran Turismo ConceptBMW enters a new niche with a stunning hatchback version of the 5-Series!
- 4Fiat 500 CabrioFiat reveals first ever pictures of new 500C ahead of its Geneva debut next month.
- 5Rolls Royce 200EX revealedSpirit of legendary British luxury car maker lives on in son of Phantom...
- 6Saab 9-3X - official picsThe new 9-3X promises SUV-like off-road ability combined with the practicality of an estate.
- 7Wraps come off E-Class CoupéMerc's CLK replacement has arrived, and we have first pictures of the new stunner.
- 8MiTo GTA blasts offSizzling flagship gets a high-power turbo. It also features bodykit and stiffer suspension
- 9Audi A4 allroad - official - currently readingWith its raised suspension and toughened bodywork, the new A4 Allroad is just as happy on the rough stuff as it is on Tarmac
- 10911 GT3 - first picsHarder and faster version of the 911 will debut at Geneva
- 11Electric 2+2 on showMitsubishi is set to reveal a new version of its electric i MiEV Sport concept at the Geneva Motor Show in March.
- 12Star of future is light fantasticStudy uses tailgate as screen to warn following drivers.
- 13MINI’s new base champEntry-level One is the cheapest and most frugal Clubman yet.
- 14Fastest BentleyNew model from Bentley guzzles biofuel, and delivers rocketship performance.
- 15Vauxhall AmperaVauxhall parent company Opel plans to lift the lid on new plans for electric cars at this year's Geneva Motor Show.
- 16Citroen DS returnsFrench maker shocks with all-new DS-badged luxury line-up, spearheaded by stunning MINI rival.
- 17Mazda 3 MPSFastest ever Mazda 3 targets new Focus RS.
- 18Renault ClioSharpened up Clio arrives with an all-new look and a hot GT model...
- 19Kia’s MPV conceptSupermini-MPV gunning for top of the class.
- 20New Spark lights up Chevrolet in GenevaMatiz replacement confirmed for Geneva Unveil, and we get a first look at the interior.