Ford GT - best supercars
Born on the racetrack and modified to meet road regulations, the new Ford GT is one of the most exhilarating cars on the road
The car designed to celebrate Ford’s 1966 Le Mans win with the legendary Ford GT40, is worth a celebration of its own. The car was first revealed at the Detroit show in 2015, and Ford opened and closed the order books in no time at all. With 6,500 applicants, and a production run limited to around 250 cars per year, the Ford GT was immediately oversubscribed!
Look at the spec, and you’ll understand why. Apart from stunning design that looks modern while channelling plenty of classic GT40 cues, the car features carbon fibre construction and is powered by a twin-turbo 3.5-litre Ecoboost V6, producing 638bhp.
Other key Ford GT features include a carbon fibre tub and body, racing inspired suspension, dihedral lifting doors and active aero. The top speed is a whopping 216mph.
Top 10 best supercars 2021
- 1IntroductionThe 10 best supercars on sale today offer performance, thrills and outstanding style
- 21. McLaren 720SThe UK’s answer to the Ferrari 488, only with more power, more performance and a drop more practicality
- 32. Ferrari 488 GTBAdding turbos may have the enraged the purists, but the 488 GTB is a massive leap forward from the 458
- 43. Lamborghini Huracan PerformanteThe Huracan Performante is nearly twice the price of the Porsche 911 GT3, but it delivers a sense of occasion like no other
- 54. Ferrari 812 SuperfastDoes the Ferrari 812 live up to the legacy left by the F12? You bet it does...
- 65. Porsche 911 GT2 RSThe Porsche 911 GT2 RS carries a massive premium over the GT3, but few buyers will care with such extraordinary performance
- 76. Audi R8 V10 PlusThe Audi R8 has long been one of the best ‘everyday’ supercars, and this hasn’t changed despite losing the V8 option
- 87. Ford GT - currently readingBorn on the racetrack and modified to meet road regulations, the new Ford GT is one of the most exhilarating cars on the road
- 98. Aston Martin DBS SuperleggeraThe Aston Martin DBS Superleggera slots into the space between the DB11 and the Vantage
- 109. Lamborghini Aventador SThe Aventador S is a beast. It snarls, spits and cracks its way down the road at incredible speed, making it a truly brilliant supercar