Jaguar XF review - Interior, design and technology
Modern design, plenty of tech and extra space make the XF a great place to sit
As before, the XF is offered in both saloon and estate-bodied Sportbrake shapes. Following the model facelift in 2020, both versions get a revised rear bumper, while the saloon features smoked tail lights.
Other exterior changes are equally subtle: the front gets a new bumper design, which features deeper, wider vents, a reprofiled grille with a new insert and LED headlights as standard.
All cars are well equipped with standard kit including 18-inch alloy wheels, a powered boot, rain-sensing wipers, dual-zone climate control, leather upholstery, heated front seats and front and rear parking sensors.
Moving through the range brings bigger alloy wheels, an automatic high-beam function, keyless entry, adaptive cruise control and an upgraded audio system.
Sat-nav, stereo and infotainment
Jaguar engineers and designers have clearly spent most of their time creating a truly fresh interior for the XF.
The cabin includes a totally redesigned centre console, with a new 11.4-inch curved glass touchscreen taking pride of place. The screen controls Jaguar’s Pivi Pro infotainment system, which features sharper graphics and a more polished, user-friendly interface, which now adds most key navigation, climate and audio functions onto the main display.
In this review
- 1Jaguar XF reviewJaguar's latest XF is desirable and very good to drive, making it a genuine rival to the German alternatives
- 2Engines, performance and driveThe XF remains sporty and engaging to drive, particularly in P300 petrol form
- 3MPG, CO2 and Running CostsNew diesel mild-hybrid tech helps to improve economy for the XF, but it still lags behind the best in class
- 4Interior, design and technology - currently readingModern design, plenty of tech and extra space make the XF a great place to sit
- 5Practicality, comfort and boot spaceA big boot, plenty of space and a comfortable ride mean the XF covers many bases
- 6Reliability and SafetyStrong standard safety kit and good Driver Power results bode well for the XF