SEAT Arona review - Reliability and safety
Using many tried and tested VW Group parts, the SEAT Arona is a safe and dependable family car
Like all modern-day SEATs – and indeed their VW Group counterparts – every Arona should fit the bill as safe family transport. The Arona has been awarded a full five-star Euro NCAP rating, and all cars get six airbags, Isofix child seat mounts and tiredness recognition.
Elsewhere, you’ll find every Arona gets tyre pressure monitoring, autonomous emergency braking and front and rear seatbelt reminders. You’ll have to step up to Xcellence trim for rear cross traffic alert and blind spot detection systems, however.
SEAT finished 15th overall in our 2021 Driver Power survey, putting it above Ford and Volkswagen, but below that of Toyota, Mazda and Skoda. The Arona placed 39th out of a 75-car list in the owner satisfaction poll.
The SEAT Arona comes with an industry-standard three-year/60,000-mile warranty. While that doesn’t set any records, it’s on par with rivals from the rest of the VW Group (Skoda and Volkswagen included), as well as those wearing a Citroen or Peugeot badge. Kia offers the best guarantee in this segment, with its seven-year/100,000-mile warranty. Hyundai’s five-year, unlimited-mileage setup is good for those covering substantial distances, too.
SEAT offers fixed-price servicing on all its models, allowing you to keep a lid on costs and budget effectively during the course of ownership. SEAT will give you a courtesy car, video reports and a two-year warranty on all parts.
In this review
- 1SEAT Arona reviewThe SEAT Arona is a well-rounded small SUV, with refined engines and generous standard equipment
- 2Engines, performance and driveThe SEAT Arona is hardly rewarding to drive, but it is comfortable, composed and refined
- 3MPG, CO2 and Running CostsThe SEAT Arona's 1.0-litre three-cylinder petrol engine promises decent economy
- 4Interior, design and technologyThe facelifted Arona offers sharper styling, an improved interior and the latest on-board tech
- 5Practicality, comfort and boot spaceThe SEAT Arona offers a fair amount of space, but few of the practical tricks required to make it a genuine alternative to a family hatchback
- 6Reliability and Safety - currently readingUsing many tried and tested VW Group parts, the SEAT Arona is a safe and dependable family car