The UK's favourite manufacturers, as voted for by tens of thousands of owners
Owners have plenty to say about their cars – but what about the manufacturers behind them? This is where we tell you which makers are going to the greatest lengths to keep customers happy.
We’ve combined the ratings you gave the manufacturers’ cars with the scores you awarded for the level of service you’ve received to get an overall ranking.
Our sample size is stricter this year, so there are 30 manufacturers in our countdown, and we’ve published a reminder of each one’s 2011 ranking, too.
Click the links below or on the right for the full rundown from 30 to one.
See the results…
Click here for the top 30 manufacturers
How are our results calculated?
Our survey asks drivers to rate their car out of five in 10 key categories. An independent data processing company then crunches the numbers to provide the overall average scores.
Why doesn’t my car feature?
Not all models can be included, due to the sheer number of cars on UK roads. Plus, to ensure our results are reliable, we need a robust sample size of drivers of each vehicle.
See the results for previous years…
- 1Introduction29,000 motorists have had their say, and now we reveal the Driver Power 2012 winners
- 2Best car of 2012The results are in, and we name our Driver Power 2012 champion
- 3Top 100We asked what you liked and disliked about your car – and 29,000 of you responded. Here are the results
- 4Best manufacturers - currently readingThe UK's favourite manufacturers, as voted for by tens of thousands of owners
- 5Category winnersWe reveal the best cars in 10 categories - from reliability to performance and running costs - as voted for by you
- 6Class winnersWhich city car is the best? Which SUV should you avoid? Find out in our rundown of the best and worst cars in each class
- 7Best dealersThe best dealers, revealed in our poll of 29,000 Auto Express readers
- 8Best breakdown servicesWhich operator can you rely on in a breakdown? Our results reveal all