Britain's best used cars
We name top second-hand buys across 17 classes of the market, plus our Used Car of the Year
For the vast majority of motorists, buying a new car means shopping second-hand. Nearly seven million used models were sold in the UK last year, compared to two million showroom-fresh examples.
Our annual Used Car Awards reflects this, covering 17 sectors of the market to bring you the ultimate pre-owned buys. To make life even more simple, as well as naming our favourite model in each category, we highlight a value option and a nearly new pick – so whatever your budget, you should be able to find something to suit.
We also crown our overall Used Car of the Year, plus pick the best Used Car Scheme – so second-hand buyers need look no further.
- 1Introduction - currently readingWe name top second-hand buys across 17 classes of the market, plus our Used Car of the Year
- 2Best City CarYears built: 2008 to date Prices: £3,750-£8,000 Our pick: 1.2 Comfort
- 3Best SuperminiYears built: 2009 to date Prices: £5,500-£14,000 Our pick: 1.25 Zetec
- 4Best Compact Family CarYears built: 2004-2011 Prices: £3,000-£14,000 Our pick: 1.6 TDCi Zetec
- 5Best EstateYears built: 2004 to date Prices: £4,000-£24,500 Our pick: vRS 2.0 TDI
- 6Best Supermini-MPVYears built: 2008 to date Prices: £7,500-£14,000 Our pick: 1.4 ES
- 7Best Family CarYears built: 2007 to date Prices: £5,000-£27,000 Our pick: 2.0 TDCi Zetec
- 8Best Compact SUVYears built: 2006 to date Prices: £10,000-£38,000 Our pick: 2.2 TD4
- 9Best CrossoverYears built: 2007 to date Prices: £7,000-£24,000 Our pick: 1.5 dCi Acenta
- 10Best Large SUVYears built: 2004-2009 Prices: £11,500-£30,000 Our pick: TDV6 HSE