Porsche 911 GT2 RS - best supercars
The Porsche 911 GT2 RS carries a massive premium over the GT3, but few buyers will care with such extraordinary performance
It’s not every day that a new Porsche 911 GT2 RS hits the road, but 2017 saw just such an occasion as the German marque launched its 690bhp monster.
Powered by a rear-mounted 3.8-litre flat-six turbocharged engine, the GT2 RS will hit 0-62mph in 2.8 seconds en route to a top speed of 211mph when equipped with the Weissach pack.
In this state, the GT2 RS weighs just 1,441kg - 29kg less than the standard car - although you’ll need to lighten your wallet as well to the tune of a further £21,000, on top of a list price of £207,000.
Superb damping means that the ride is brilliant, and it provides a stable platform that allows you the driver to exploit the huge performance provided by the engine. No wonder it held the lap record at the Nurburgring for a while.
Top 10 best supercars 2019
- 1IntroductionThe 10 best supercars on sale today offer performance, thrills and outstanding style
- 21. McLaren 720SThe UK’s answer to the Ferrari 488, only with more power, more performance and a drop more practicality
- 32. Ferrari 488 GTBAdding turbos may have the enraged the purists, but the 488 GTB is a massive leap forward from the 458
- 43. Lamborghini Huracan PerformanteThe Huracan Performante is nearly twice the price of the Porsche 911 GT3, but it delivers a sense of occasion like no other
- 54. Ferrari 812 SuperfastDoes the Ferrari 812 live up to the legacy left by the F12? You bet it does...
- 65. Porsche 911 GT2 RS - currently readingThe Porsche 911 GT2 RS carries a massive premium over the GT3, but few buyers will care with such extraordinary performance
- 76. Audi R8 V10 PlusThe Audi R8 has long been one of the best ‘everyday’ supercars, and this hasn’t changed despite losing the V8 option
- 87. Ford GTBorn on the racetrack and modified to meet road regulations, the new Ford GT is one of the most exhilarating cars on the road
- 98. Aston Martin DBS SuperleggeraThe Aston Martin DBS Superleggera slots into the space between the DB11 and the Vantage
- 109. Lamborghini Aventador SThe Aventador S is a beast. It snarls, spits and cracks its way down the road at incredible speed, making it a truly brilliant supercar
- 1110. Honda NSXThe second generation Honda NSX is here, ready to take on the world again with a baffling array of tech