BMW 3-series Convertible
Winner of Best Convertible for 2010 is the BMW 3-Series Convertible.
Why it won...
The 3-Series retains its crown. In this category, we’re looking for the strongest four-seater cabrio line-up on the market, and the BMW is a brilliant all-rounder.
What hasn’t changed is the drop-top’s clever three-piece roof, which is one of the most compact around. It opens in only 23 seconds, transforming the 3 from a classy coupé into a cool cabrio at the press of a button.
And you get the clever EfficientDynamics hardware, too. The line-up includes a range of excellent petrol and diesel engines, and all four-cylinder models feature stop-start technology to help cut CO2.
Mercedes E-Class Despite the marque’s pioneering use of folding metal hard-tops in its SLK and SL models, its latest E-Class uses an efficient fabric hood instead. A huge range of hi-tech gadgets in the cabin boost roof-down refinement for driver and passengers, too.
Audi A5 Cabriolet The A5 maintains the German manufacturer’s allegiance to the traditional fabric hood, and you cannot argue with the results – the model is both smartly styled and refined on the road. Smaller-engined variants provide the best mix of handling finesse and performance.
- 1Welcome to New Car Awards 2010!
- 2Car of the YearSkoda’s Yeti crossover takes the overall Auto Express New Car Award for 2010.
- 3Person of the YearChairman and CEO, Bentley picks up the Award for automotive Person of the Year 2010.
- 4Special AwardInnovative Nissan Leaf electric car gets Special Award for groundbreaking technology.
- 5Design Award
- 6Best CoupéBest Coupe of the year is Peugeot’s stunning RCZ, which beats the Audi TT and VW Scirocco.
- 7Best Performance CarAudi R8 V10 Coupe is our Performance Car of the Year for 2010.
- 8Best Hot Hatch
- 9Best EstateSkoda’s Superb Estate lives up to the name and wins the award for Best Estate Car 2010.
- 10Best Compact FamilyVolkswagen Golf hatchback takes the award for the best compact family car.
- 11Best Convertible - currently readingWinner of Best Convertible for 2010 is the BMW 3-Series Convertible.
- 12Best City CarThe Hyundai i10 supermini has been voted the Best City Car of 2010.
- 13Best LuxuryBest Luxury Car of 2010 is Mercedes’ high tech flagship S-Class saloon.
- 14Best Compact SUVBest Compact SUV of the year is the Land Rover Freelander 2 for the third year in a row.
- 15Best CrossoverBeating the Nissan Qashqai, the Skoda Yeti takes the Best Crossover of the Year Award.