Britain's best new cars: New Car Awards 2013
18 class winners, 36 commended cars, 8 Special Awards and the 2013 Auto Express Car of the Year – it's all here
What are the best new cars on sale in the UK right now? There's only one way to find out, and that's to cast your eyes over the results of the Auto Express New Car Awards 2013.
Our experienced road testers have taken the measure of every new car that's been launched over the last 12 months. And it really has been a vintage year, with jaw-dropping models like the Jaguar F-Type, the new Range Rover and the Toyota GT 86 burtsting onto the scene alongside value-for-money champions like the Ford B-MAX and Dacia Sandero.
The latest crop of cars are more efficient, more technologically advanced, and more desirable than ever – so the competition has never been tougher.
Accross 18 different classes, our judges have picked a winner and two commended models. Plus we have special awards for our Performance Car of the Year, best designed car of 2013 (voted for by readers of www.autoexpress.co.uk), our Green Award, Van of the Year, Safety Award and Driver Power Award. We also induct a motor industry star in our Hall of Fame.
And then, of course, there's the big prize. The most coveted accolade in the motoring world – the Auto Express Car of the Year.
- 1Introduction - currently reading18 class winners, 36 commended cars, 8 Special Awards and the 2013 Auto Express Car of the Year – it's all here
- 2Car of the YearThe most coveted accolade in the world of motoring goes to the SEAT Leon
- 3Best City CarThe Skoda Citigo retains its Best City Car crown thanks to a combination of comfort, low running costs and superb on-road ability
- 4Best SuperminiThe Ford Fiesta wrestles its way back onto the top of the podium after last year's loss to the 208
- 5Best Compact Family CarThe SEAT Leon fights off its fellow VW Group rivals to take the gold medal in one of the most competitive classes around
- 6Best Family CarThe new Mazda 6 sees of all-comers to take family car class honours
- 7Best Estate CarOffering peerless practicality, huge value for money and attractive lines, the Skoda Octavia is the best Estate on the market
- 8Best Five-Seat MPVFord's innovative small MPV pips its big brother – the C-MAX – to the Best Five-seat MPV award
- 9Best MPVFor the third year in a row, the SEAT Alhambra wins the Auto Express Best MPV award
- 10Best CrossoverThe Mazda CX-5 is a talented all-rounder that offers everything you could want from a crossover