2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat - best muscle cars
The Dodge Challenger Hellcat is a muscle car for the modern era channeling the spirit of the originals
The muscle car revival that began in the early noughties has seen lots of big-hitting V8 models back in showrooms, but nothing has yet compared to the Dodge Challenger Hellcat introduced in 2015.
If we thought the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 was over the top with 580bhp, or the Ford Mustang GT500 was outrageous with 650bhp, then the 707bhp pumped out by the 6.2-litre Hemi V8-engined Dodge Challenger Hellcat is simply shocking. That means it’s packing more power than many supercars, and with the optional paddle-shifted eight-speed auto gearbox, the Hellcat races to 60mph in just 3.6 seconds.
In true Muscle Car style it’s cheap too – at least compared to those Supercar rivals – with the sticker price starting at just over $64k. That translates to just £44k in our money, although the Hellcat isn’t officially sold over here.
- 1IntroductionGood old American muscle is a hard thing to beat, so here are our top 10 best muscle cars ever built
- 21. 1964 Pontiac GTOThe original 1960s muscle car, the Pontiac GTO had amazing performance for its day
- 32. 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454The Chevelle Super Sport was Chevrolet's 60s muscle car monster
- 43. 1970 Plymouth Road Runner SuperbirdIt's remembered primarily for its rear wing but the Plymouth Road Runner Superbird had much more to offer than that
- 54. 1967 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28Chevrolet's answer to the Ford Mustang, the Camaro is a classic muscle car in its own right
- 65. 1949 Oldsmobile Rocket 88The Oldsmobile Rocket 88 is often credited with being the original muscle car
- 76. 1965 Shelby Mustang GT-350 newThe Ford Mustang is a muscle car icon and the Shelby versions are the ones to have
- 87. 1968 Chevrolet Corvette L88More of a sports car in the eyes of some, the Chevy Corvette L88 still ticked many muscle car boxes
- 98. 1964 Ford Fairlane ThunderboltThe Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt was a street-legal drag racer with a mighty 7.0-litre V8
- 109. 2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat - currently readingThe Dodge Challenger Hellcat is a muscle car for the modern era channeling the spirit of the originals
- 1110. 1971 Plymouth Hemi 'CudaPlymouth's Barracuda became a muscle car legend with a Hemi V8 plumbed in