Range Rover Evoque review - Reliability and safety
The Evoque has plenty of active on-board safety kit and a full five-star rating from Euro NCAP
The Evoque was tested by Euro NCAP in 2019 and achieved a maximum five-star overall rating, with 94% adult occupant and 87% child occupant scores.
All models come as standard with a rear camera, front and rear parking assistance, lane-keep assist, automatic emergency braking (AEB), a driver condition monitor and cruise control with a speed limiter.
Safety kit includes an intrusion sensor, child locks, six airbags and a deployable bonnet with pedestrian airbag. S models add traffic sign recognition with an adaptive speed limiter, SE models get a standard ‘Park Pack’ (park assist, 360-degree camera, rear traffic monitor, clear exit monitor), while HSE models add Land Rover’s Drive Pack (blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control, high-speed emergency braking).
The Evoque didn't feature in our 2021 Driver Power customer satisfaction survey, while Land Rover itself showed a little improvement, moving up from 25th place (out of 30 manufacturers) in 2020 to 22nd spot - ahead of Audi and Ford.
The Evoque is subject to the same competitive warranty as other Land Rover products: three years with unlimited mileage. This is the same as you get with the Jaguar E-Pace or BMW X2, but beats the standard three-year/60,000-mile warranties from Audi and Lexus.
The Evoque should be serviced annually or every 10,000 miles. Land Rover includes a two-year parts warranty on all its servicing and maintenance work, while it also offers its Land Rover 3+ Servicing for vehicles over 3-years old.
In this review
- 1VerdictThe Range Rover Evoque offers great levels of luxury, technology and – perhaps most importantly – style
- 2Engines, performance and driveThe Evoque is comfortable and refined, but not the most thrilling car in its class
- 3MPG, CO2 and Running CostsPlug-in hybrid tech joins the petrol and diesel Evoque lineup
- 4Interior, design and technologyThe Evoque looks great, has a luxurious interior and boasts great tech
- 5Practicality, comfort and boot spaceThe Evoque is more practical than before, but it’s still a bit cramped in the rear
- 6Reliability and Safety - currently readingThe Evoque has plenty of active on-board safety kit and a full five-star rating from Euro NCAP