Best for comfort
We name Britain's most comfortable cars
Back ache on a long motorway journey... Is there anything worse behind the wheel?
Many car makers invest huge sums in developing complex suspension systems to iron out the bumps and potholes in the tarmac, but not all spend enough on ensuring their cabins are as comfortable as possible.
To get to the top of this chart you will need to seat your driver and passenger in throne-like comfort. We’re not looking for armchair softness, but just the right level of support to cushion and hold your body in all conditions, from cruising on the motorway to navigating tight corners.
Any model at the bottom of the chart will offer less support than a barstool and have the controls just far enough out of reach to make you uncomfortable.
At the top of the ranking is an old-stager that knows a thing or two about cabin comfort – Rover’s 75. You have rated its sumptuous seats and traditional cabin layout as the best in the business.
Interestingly, every model on the podium here is now only available on the used car market. Take note car makers – new models just aren’t comfortable enough. Propping up the chart is a host of superminis, while the old shape Vauxhall Corsa gets the worst ratings of the lot.
What you said: "It is the best car Rover has ever made, the most comfortable and well made" - Rover 75 Driver
"Very comfortable place to be, as well as safe and quick when it needs to be. Great for four adults and luggage, and great on motorway journeys." - Saab 9-5 Owner
- 1IntroductionBuckle up! It's time to reveal your views on the best new cars for build quality, reliability, performance, running costs and more...
- 2Best for performanceTo win in this category, a car needs to be able to overtake with confidence and pull strongly in all gears.
- 3Best for reliabilityThe key to true owner satisfaction is dependability. Here we reveal Britain's most reliable cars.
- 4Best for comfort - currently readingWe name Britain's most comfortable cars
- 5Best for handlingOur survey crowns Britain's best handling car, rated for steering feel and chassis balance.
- 6Best for brakingWhich UK car is your top of the stops? Our survey for braking performance reveals all.
- 7Best for running costsOur guide to the real cost of motoring names the cheapest, and most expensive cars in the UK.
- 8Best for build qualityIs your car free of squeaks and rattles? We name those that are.
- 9Best for ease of drivingWant a car that offers fuss free transport? Don't miss our guide to the UK's easiest cars to drive.
- 10Best for practicalityWhich car offers the best versatility. We ‘throw it all in and go’ to find out.