Best for ease of driving
Want a car that offers fuss free transport? Don't miss our guide to the UK's easiest cars to drive.
Category: Ease of Driving
Driving can be stressful. No matter how much we love getting behind the wheel and seeing an empty ribbon of tarmac stretch out in front of us, cruising on a congested motorway or negotiating a busy high street is our daily routine.
The last thing you need when trying to reach your destination safely and swiftly is a car with a sensitive clutch, awkward gearbox or unpredictable steering. It’s in the ease of driving category that we find the cars that a breeze to pilot and those that are simply draining to drive.
At the top of the chart is a model that’s likely to leave you more relaxed at the end of your journey than you were when you started out.
And that's why our winner is Jaguar’s XF. It offers a smooth shifting automatic gearbox, ample performance, sharp handling and perfectly weighted steering.
It also has excellent all-round parking sensors and the option of a reversing camera to take all the difficulty out of manoeuvring in tight spaces.
Perhaps even more impressive is our second placed model, which does without most of those luxuries. Skoda’s Yeti has earned its silver medal with smart design, great visibility and accurate controls.
What you said: "this car far exceeded my expectations, it is a joy to own and drive." - Jaguar XF owner
"It is the best car I have ever owned. I am disabled and the car is very practical and very easy to live with" - Skoda Yeti 4x4 Owner
- 1IntroductionBuckle up! It's time to reveal your views on the best new cars for build quality, reliability, performance, running costs and more...
- 2Best for performanceTo win in this category, a car needs to be able to overtake with confidence and pull strongly in all gears.
- 3Best for reliabilityThe key to true owner satisfaction is dependability. Here we reveal Britain's most reliable cars.
- 4Best for comfortWe name Britain's most comfortable cars
- 5Best for handlingOur survey crowns Britain's best handling car, rated for steering feel and chassis balance.
- 6Best for brakingWhich UK car is your top of the stops? Our survey for braking performance reveals all.
- 7Best for running costsOur guide to the real cost of motoring names the cheapest, and most expensive cars in the UK.
- 8Best for build qualityIs your car free of squeaks and rattles? We name those that are.
- 9Best for ease of driving - currently readingWant a car that offers fuss free transport? Don't miss our guide to the UK's easiest cars to drive.
- 10Best for practicalityWhich car offers the best versatility. We ‘throw it all in and go’ to find out.
- 11Best for ride qualityWe count down the cars that glide over pot holes and speed bumps - and name the ones that don't.