Lamborghini Huracan Performante - best supercars
The Huracan Performante is nearly twice the price of the Porsche 911 GT3, but it delivers a sense of occasion like no other
The Huracan Performante may look like a relative of the standard car, but get behind the wheel of both of them and you’ll immediately be able to tell them apart.
It has more power, greater stiffness, less mass and oodles more downforce, all coming together in a ferociously quick package which is very physical to drive. The naturally aspirated V10 not only delights those who are dismayed by the tidal wave of turbochargers plaguing modern cars, but it also produces 631bhp and 600Nm of torque. Once more, the noise it makes is more akin to the Huracan GT3 racer than that of the standard car.
What helps make the Performante so incredible is the point at which the torque is available. From as low as 1,000rpm, 70 per cent (420Nm) of the torque is on tap, making rapid acceleration but a foot twitch away...
Top 10 best supercars 2019
- 1IntroductionThe 10 best supercars on sale today offer performance, thrills and outstanding style
- 21. McLaren 720SThe UK’s answer to the Ferrari 488, only with more power, more performance and a drop more practicality
- 32. Ferrari 488 GTBAdding turbos may have the enraged the purists, but the 488 GTB is a massive leap forward from the 458
- 43. Lamborghini Huracan Performante - currently readingThe Huracan Performante is nearly twice the price of the Porsche 911 GT3, but it delivers a sense of occasion like no other
- 54. Ferrari 812 SuperfastDoes the Ferrari 812 live up to the legacy left by the F12? You bet it does...
- 65. Porsche 911 GT2 RSThe Porsche 911 GT2 RS carries a massive premium over the GT3, but few buyers will care with such extraordinary performance
- 76. Audi R8 V10 PlusThe Audi R8 has long been one of the best ‘everyday’ supercars, and this hasn’t changed despite losing the V8 option
- 87. Ford GTBorn on the racetrack and modified to meet road regulations, the new Ford GT is one of the most exhilarating cars on the road
- 98. Aston Martin DBS SuperleggeraThe Aston Martin DBS Superleggera slots into the space between the DB11 and the Vantage
- 109. Lamborghini Aventador SThe Aventador S is a beast. It snarls, spits and cracks its way down the road at incredible speed, making it a truly brilliant supercar
- 1110. Honda NSXThe second generation Honda NSX is here, ready to take on the world again with a baffling array of tech