Nissan Micra review - Reliability and safety
Nissan has included an impressive list of standard safety kit for the Micra
Nissan has gone big on safety kit with the Micra, as all UK cars get a long list of impressive tech on board as standard. There’s the expected Isofix child seat fixings, six airbags, ABS, stability control and seat belt warnings, but a hi-tech safety pack also comes on all cars.
This means you also get lane keeping assist, automatic emergency braking, pedestrian recognition, road sign recognition and high beam assist. That’s a very impressive list of kit for the price, and means that the five-star Euro NCAP score the Micra was awarded with the Safety Pack applies to all models sold in the UK.
The Micra didn't feature in our 2022 Driver Power satisfaction survey, although Nissan was represented in the top-75 list by the Qashqai SUV and the Juke crossover.
The Nissan Micra comes with an industry-standard three-year warranty, which is the same as most of its rivals. The Hyundai i20 and Toyota Yaris both have five-year warranties, though, and the Kia Rio beats even that with seven years. Nissan says that the decals available as customisation options are covered under the standard warranty, too.
Nissan offers a range of fixed-price servicing packages. Costs obviously vary according to model and whether you opt for a major or minor service.
In this review
- 1Nissan Micra reviewThe stylish and safety-conscious Nissan Micra is a capable supermini, but isn't on par with the best in class
- 2Engines, performance and driveNissan has ensured the latest Micra is better to drive than ever, although it’s still not the best in class
- 3MPG, CO2 and running costsMicra boasts respectable fuel economy and should be cheap to insure
- 4Interior, design and technologyThe Micra’s up-to-date cabin matches the smart exterior look, with plenty of customisation options
- 5Practicality, comfort and boot spaceThe Micra features a practical boot, designed for the most common uses
- 6Reliability and safety - currently readingNissan has included an impressive list of standard safety kit for the Micra