Smart approved used car scheme
Everything you need to know about Smart's approved used scheme
A smart is something of a premium product, so you would expect the brand’s approved used scheme to be pretty good – but in reality it’s no better than average. The highest-mileage model we found on the scheme was a fortwo Cabrio from 2009 with 82,000 miles, and the oldest was a fortwo from 2005.
The benefits of buying through the scheme are pretty standard, things kicking off with the usual multi-point inspection (Smart doesn’t specify exactly how rigorous this is, though). Once the car has been passed as fit enough to sell, it comes with a 12-month unlimited mileage warranty, and there’s breakdown cover for a year, too. MOT test cover is included in the price, too.
Smart Approved Used: key facts
|Max age/mileage||No maximum|
|Breakdown cover||12 months|
|Exchange policy||Info n/a|
|Standard warranty||12 months/unlimited mileage|
Check out the latest used car deals on our sister site BuyaCar...
- 1IntroductionWe reveal how appoved used car sales schemes work, with an A-Z of which car manufacturers offer what
- 2Alfa Romeo SelectedForYouEverything you need to know about Alfa Romeo's Selected For You approved used scheme
- 3Aston Martin Certified Pre-OwnedEverything you need to know about Aston Martin's Certified Pre-Owned approved used scheme
- 4Audi Approved UsedEverything you need to know about Audi's approved used scheme
- 5Pre-Owned BentleyEverything you need to know about the Bentley Pre-Owned approved used scheme, Certified by Bentley
- 6BMW Approved UsedEverything you need to know about BMW's approved used scheme
- 7Citroen SelectAll you need to know about the approved used cars scheme from Citroen, called Citroen Select
- 8Dacia Approved UsedEverything you need to know about Dacia's approved used scheme
- 9Ferrari Pre-OwnedEverything you need to know about the Ferrari Approved used scheme
- 10Fiat/Abarth FoundEverything you need to know about Fiat and Abarth's Found Approved and Used scheme