Audi R8 Spyder vs Audi RS6 Avant drag race
The least practical Audi in the range goes up against one of the most commodious in the ultimate battle of bhp vs boot space
Audi’s range of performance cars is as wide as it gets, ranging from the tiny S1 supermini right up to the amazing R8 supercar – plus just about everything in between. We took two opposite ends of the scale to the drag strip to see which one came out on top.
Representing family-friendly estate cars, the RS6 Avant offers up a cavernous boot, space for five, and a 4.0-litre V8 engine with a massive 552bhp. It’s also discreet enough to fly under the radar of most passers-by – your neighbours don’t need to know what lays under the car’s bonnet.
The R8 Spyder on the other hand makes no excuses for its 533bhp V10 engine, hidden under a supremely stylish (if not particularly practical) convertible body.
With similar power outputs, quattro four-wheel drive and the same badge on the front, which one of these B-road belters will come out on top in a drag race?
Click through the links on the side or below to see some more of the best drag races we've shot, or visit our YouTube channel to watch them all...
- Mercedes SLS AMG Black vs Mercedes F1 W03 2012
- Lamborghini Aventador Roadster vs Ferrari 458 Spider
- Porsche 911 Cabriolet vs BMW M135i
- Nissan GT-R vs R33 Skyline GT-R
- BMW M5 vs Mercedes E63 AMG Estate
- Bentley Continental GT vs Porsche 911 Carrera
- Mercedes A45 AMG vs Mercedes CLS63 AMG
- Tesla Model S P85D vs Porsche Panamera Turbo S drag race
- Bentley Bentayga vs Range Rover
- Ford Focus RS vs Volkswagen Golf R
- Audi R8 Spyder vs Audi RS6 Avant
- Ford Fiesta ST200 vs MINI John Cooper Works