One lucky reader nets a new Vauxhall Astra for a year
Mark Macauley was our one lucky reader drawn from thousands to win a brand new Vauxhall Astra for 12 months
One lucky Auto Express reader has been given the keys to a brand new, British-built Vauxhall Astra for a year after winning our competition.
We teamed up with Vauxhall as part of our celebration of the new Astra to offer a 12-month loan of the new model in 1.0i five-door SRi guise. And delighted winner Mark Macauley from Rochester, Kent, got his hands on the car at his local dealer this week.
The model produces 104bhp and emits 102g/km of CO2, and comes with a raft of technology as standard. This includes the brand’s unique OnStar concierge service, which can help out by providing directions to a destination and even come to the rescue in an accident.
The Astra is now Mark’s for the next 12 months, and when we spoke to him, he described the moment he found out he’d won as “euphoric”. Mark told us he couldn’t wait to drive “this undoubtedly wonderful car”.
Check out our entire Vauxhall Astra special below, including a look at the Astra through all seven generations...
- • Magnificent Seven: Vauxhall Astra through the generations
- • Mega Drive: One month's miles in a day in new Astra
- • Made in England: How new Astra is made at Ellesmere Port
- • The Astra Diet: How latest Vauxhall hatch lost up to 200kg
- • Generation Game: New Vauxhall Astra vs original Mk1
- • Fast Astras: 30 years of Vauxhall's hot hatchback
- • Brit Factor: How new Astra was refined in the UK
- • The future: The tech on the new Vauxhall Astra
- • Driving coach to the stars: A Vauxhall Astra masterclass
- • Deals On Wheels: Vauxhall Astra super-salesman