Audi RS 6 Avant review - Interior, design and technology
Stunning inside and out, the RS 6 delivers the best of Audi’s latest design language and tech
Based on the regular A6, the brawny RS model brings a stealthy, understated quality that Audi does really rather well. From the power-bulge bonnet to the wider arches filled with satisfyingly large alloys, it offers a high level of sophistication to go with the huge power on offer.
The regular RS 6 Avant is well-equipped and comes with the usual quality touches you’d expect from an Audi. Heated RS sport seats, trimmed in Valcona leather are standard, along with matt-brushed aluminium inlays around the cabin and four-way climate control.
The Carbon Black edition adds carbon-fibre exterior styling, black interior trim and 22-inch wheels, while the Vorsprung model brings gloss-black exterior accents, a panoramic roof, a 360-degree camera, a head-up display and a B&O premium sound system.
Sat-nav, stereo and infotainment
Twin touchscreens give access to the sat-nav system and other menus. Bluetooth, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity are all built-in. The equipment list continues with Audi’s virtual cockpit featuring a special design, specific to RS models, for its 12.3-inch instrument display, while there's also a premium 10-speaker stereo, wireless phone charging and Audi Connect music service with 3-year subscription as standard.
In this review
- 1Audi RS 6 Avant reviewWith a thumping 592bhp, the iconic Audi RS 6 Avant is a brilliantly desirable, high-performance, practical estate
- 2Engines, performance and driveDespite the RS 6’s mild hybrid-tech, there’s nothing mild about the performance
- 3MPG, CO2 and running costs Although not exactly eco-friendly, the RS 6 includes a mild-hybrid system to improve efficiency
- 4Interior, design and technology - currently readingStunning inside and out, the RS 6 delivers the best of Audi’s latest design language and tech
- 5Practicality, comfort and boot spaceThe performance focus doesn’t detract from a useable, practical interior providing comfort for everyone on board
- 6Reliability and safetyThe RS 6 has a solid reputation for safety but Audi customer feedback offers some concerns