Which city car is the best? Which SUV should you avoid? Find out in our rundown of the best and worst cars in each class
So you know what kind of car you want, but you aren’t sure which model to choose.
We’ve pooled together all the results from this year’s Driver Power survey to weigh up which cars came out on top - and which came last - in each class to help make your decision as easy as possible.
See the results…
- Best supermini
- Best compact family car
- Best family car
- Best compact executive car
- Best executive car
- Best sports car
- Best SUV
- Best MPV
How are our results calculated?
Our survey asks drivers to rate their car out of five in 10 key categories. An independent data processing company then crunches the numbers to provide the overall average scores.
Why doesn’t my car feature?
Not all models can be included, due to the sheer number of cars on UK roads. Plus, to ensure our results are reliable, we need a robust sample size of drivers of each vehicle.
See the results for previous years…
- 1Introduction29,000 motorists have had their say, and now we reveal the Driver Power 2012 winners
- 2Best car of 2012The results are in, and we name our Driver Power 2012 champion
- 3Top 100We asked what you liked and disliked about your car – and 29,000 of you responded. Here are the results
- 4Best manufacturersThe UK's favourite manufacturers, as voted for by tens of thousands of owners
- 5Category winnersWe reveal the best cars in 10 categories - from reliability to performance and running costs - as voted for by you
- 6Class winners - currently readingWhich city car is the best? Which SUV should you avoid? Find out in our rundown of the best and worst cars in each class
- 7Best dealersThe best dealers, revealed in our poll of 29,000 Auto Express readers
- 8Best breakdown servicesWhich operator can you rely on in a breakdown? Our results reveal all