Best for reliability
The key to true owner satisfaction is dependability. Here we reveal Britain's most reliable cars.
We always list the reliability rating first for every model in the Driver Power Top 100 because it is quite simply the most important category.
It doesn’t matter if you have the fastest, best handling or even the cheapest car on the road – if it doesn’t consistently get you from A to B it isn’t worth having!
Only the most dependable forms of transport on the road find their way to the pinnacle of this most prestigious of Driver Power charts. Any sort of fault which has required a trip back to the dealer will see models lose marks, while a serious hard-shoulder breakdown is likely to result in a lowly position here.
As usual the reliability chart is dominated by Japanese models which account for half of the cars in the top 10. Bettering its nearest competitors by some margin, Mazda’s MX-5 has been as reliable as any car could be, notching up a fabulous 98.36 per cent score.
Both old and new versions of Honda’s Jazz supermini also find themselves on the podium, while Skoda’s Yeti and Fabia prove that it’s not German models that are the most dependable in Europe.
A wide range of models have been troublesome enough to find themselves at the bottom of the chart, but it’s Land Rover’s old shape Freelander that has the worst reliability record of the lot.
What you said: "its very practical and easy to drive also get in and out of, very reliable and comfortable." - Honda Jazz Driver
"Excellent all round and very reliable car that has lived up to expectations, especially with hood down." - Mazda MX-5 owner
- 1IntroductionBuckle up! It's time to reveal your views on the best new cars for build quality, reliability, performance, running costs and more...
- 2Best for performanceTo win in this category, a car needs to be able to overtake with confidence and pull strongly in all gears.
- 3Best for reliability - currently readingThe key to true owner satisfaction is dependability. Here we reveal Britain's most reliable cars.
- 4Best for comfortWe name Britain's most comfortable cars
- 5Best for handlingOur survey crowns Britain's best handling car, rated for steering feel and chassis balance.
- 6Best for brakingWhich UK car is your top of the stops? Our survey for braking performance reveals all.
- 7Best for running costsOur guide to the real cost of motoring names the cheapest, and most expensive cars in the UK.
- 8Best for build qualityIs your car free of squeaks and rattles? We name those that are.
- 9Best for ease of drivingWant a car that offers fuss free transport? Don't miss our guide to the UK's easiest cars to drive.
- 10Best for practicalityWhich car offers the best versatility. We ‘throw it all in and go’ to find out.