Best for ride quality
We count down the cars that glide over pot holes and speed bumps - and name the ones that don't.
Category: Ride Quality
Recent harsh winters have left our roads in tatters, which means ride quality is more important than ever. You gave top marks only if your car smoothed out potholes and rough surfaces – models that were too soft or bone-shakingly stiff got the thumbs down.
Once again, the Rover 75 provides you with the perfect balance of comfort and body control. And you tell us that Jaguar’s second-placed XF has also cracked the formula. Interestingly, the top four most comfortable models are all British-built. Are British engineers the only ones who truly understand the UK’s challenging surfaces?
The exception is Honda’s old-shape Civic, it finishes in last place. You tell us it has a super-stiff set-up - despite the fact that it was produced in Swindon.
What you said: "The Rover 75 is the most comfortable cruiser I have ever owned. Beautifully styled, reliable and easy to run. Who could ask for more?" - Rover 75 V6 Driver
"Really good car let down by poor suspension resulting in terrible ride quality. Far too much road noise in the cabin." - Honda Civic Driver
- 1IntroductionBuckle up! It's time to reveal your views on the best new cars for build quality, reliability, performance, running costs and more...
- 2Best for performanceTo win in this category, a car needs to be able to overtake with confidence and pull strongly in all gears.
- 3Best for reliabilityThe key to true owner satisfaction is dependability. Here we reveal Britain's most reliable cars.
- 4Best for comfortWe name Britain's most comfortable cars
- 5Best for handlingOur survey crowns Britain's best handling car, rated for steering feel and chassis balance.
- 6Best for brakingWhich UK car is your top of the stops? Our survey for braking performance reveals all.
- 7Best for running costsOur guide to the real cost of motoring names the cheapest, and most expensive cars in the UK.
- 8Best for build qualityIs your car free of squeaks and rattles? We name those that are.
- 9Best for ease of drivingWant a car that offers fuss free transport? Don't miss our guide to the UK's easiest cars to drive.
- 10Best for practicalityWhich car offers the best versatility. We ‘throw it all in and go’ to find out.