Best for ease of driving
Good visibility, clear dials and responsive controls make all the difference when behind the wheel
With our roads becoming ever-more congested, driving is becoming increasingly stressful. Finding a car that's easy to manoeuvre and a pleasure to drive in any situation is more important than ever.
You’ve helped us find the most relaxing and easy-to-use cars on the market.
1. Skoda Yeti It’s no surprise to see a high-riding compact 4x4 winning this category. The Skoda Yeti gives a commanding view of the road thanks to its high driving position, but its compact dimensions and good all-round visibility mean it doesn’t feel intimidating to drive. The smooth, progressive steering and well placed pedals also contribute to this first-place finish.
2. Jaguar S-Type The vast majority of Jaguar S-Types were automatics, and all came with powerful V6 or V8 engines. This means smooth shifts and lots of torque which, when combined with the smooth steering and comfortable ride, makes the S-Type a very relaxing and easy car to drive.
3. Jaguar XF The same tried-and-tested formula that applies to the S-Type can be found in the XF, too. The smooth, quick-shifting gearbox makes driving around town a breeze and the impressive range of engines means the car never feels strained. Good all-round visibility and intuitive controls are positives, too.
Last place: Land Rover Defender You tell us that the Defender feels its age, and driving one is a bit like a wrestling match. The steering feels heavy and vague, the pedals are difficult to push and the noisy cabin makes any journey feel like a long one.
Click here to download the full results
See the results…
- 1IntroductionWe reveal the best cars in 10 categories - from reliability to performance and running costs - as voted for by you
- 2Best for running costsAs motoring bills rise, which cars hit your wallet least? Our category countdown has the answers
- 3Best for reliability and build qualityWe name the most durable cars inside and out, which won’t let you down
- 4Best for performanceDoes your car have the punch to make overtaking a breeze? Or does it trail away from the lights?
- 5Best for brakingThe numbers have been crunched, and we can reveal the cars that are the top of the stoppers
- 6Best for handlingYou don’t have to be own a sports car to enjoy corners, with a surprise at the top of the chart
- 7Best for ride qualityThe models that soak up the roughest roads for a soft and relaxing ride
- 8Best for practicalityBig is best, but size isn’t everything – superminis mix it with off-roaders at head of the space race
- 9Best for comfortDrivers want the best seat in the house, but not all cars deliver. Here are your winners and losers
- 10Best for ease of driving - currently readingGood visibility, clear dials and responsive controls make all the difference when behind the wheel
- 11Best for technologyIt’s not just about the hi-tech kit on offer, but how easy it is to use and the difference it makes to you