James Bond baddies' cars
He's behind you: some of our favourite vehicles driven by the villains
￼Rolls-Royce Phantom III, Goldfinger (1964)
Auric Goldfinger had a thing for yellow – he wore the colour in every single scene of the film and had his Rolls-Royce Phantom III painted in the same hue.
Goldfinger chose the V12-powered Phantom because it had the strength and power to carry vast amounts of gold around Europe. However, he was spared driving duties, leaving that to his bowler-hatted henchmam, Oddjob.
Jaguar XKR Cabrio, Die Another Day (2002)
Evil, metal-faced villain Zao didn’t fare too badly with his XKR painted in the same green as Jaguar’s then-F1 team. In spite of a gatling gun, rockets and missiles, the XKR couldn’t beat Bond’s ‘invisible’ Vanquish.
James Bond's latest film outing, Skyfall, includes an incredible chase scene on two Honda CRF250R motorbikes - and because both hero and villain (in this case, a henchman named Patrice - pictured) are using the same machine, it's one of our favourite action scenes from the film. It's almost like watching two top F1 drivers battle it out on the same team (perhaps a silver one with a three-pointed star on the nose).
Hiller UH-12 E4 helicopter
Another classic from the film Goldfinger, but unusually for Auto Express, there's not a wheel in sight. The helicopter used by Pussy Galore (Honor Blackman) was recently on display at the Goodwood Revival - and with it being in use today it surely warrants a mention.
- 1IntroductionWhat is the best James Bond car of all time? We've picked some of our favourites. What's yours?
- 2Aston Martin DB5BOND FACT: The car also appears in Thunderball (1965), GoldenEye (1995), Tomorrow Never Dies (1997), Casino Royale (2006) and Skyfall (2012)
- 3Lotus EspritBOND FACT: The Esprit that crashed into the sea was a mock-up fired by an air cannon.
- 4Sunbeam AlpineBOND FACT: The Alpine in Dr No was borrowed from a Jamaican resident and was one of only a few sports cars on the island.
- 5Aston Martin DBS￼BOND FACT: The sensational Casino Royale crash was filmed at Millbrook Proving Ground in Bedfordshire.
- 6Ford Mustang Mach 1￼￼BOND FACT: The Mustang chase was filmed on Las Vegas’ famous Fremont Street, which was still open to the public.
- 7BMW Z8BOND FACT: The film's 14-minute pre-title sequence is by far the longest of any Bond film.
- 8Aston Martin Vanquish￼BOND FACT: The car chase on the ice was shot in Norway and Iceland.
- 9Citroen 2CVBOND FACT: The film's car chases were choreographed by French stunt driver Rémy Julienne.
- 10What the villains drove - currently readingHe's behind you: some of our favourite vehicles driven by the villains