Driver Power 2012
29,000 motorists have had their say, and now we reveal the Driver Power 2012 winners
Every year, the Driver Power ownership survey draws on the experiences of UK drivers to discover which model is Britain’s best car. And now we’ve crunched the numbers to bring you the winners and losers for 2012.
Tens of thousands of drivers have rated the cars they own in 10 different categories, ranging from how easy they are to drive and how comfortable they are to sit in to how much they cost to run.
We can’t include every model on the road, so the survey is limited to cars that have been on sale in the last five years. Plus, to ensure our results are reliable, we need a large number of replies from drivers of each vehicle.
This year’s result is one of the closest yet, but our overall winner deserves its place, with three individual category wins and an overall rating from owners of 92.47 per cent.
That’s where Auto Express Driver Power comes in. We tell you which brands ticked most boxes in our dealer, insurance and breakdown satisfaction survey, giving you a definitive guide to the best and worst.
See the results for previous years…
- 1Introduction - currently reading29,000 motorists have had their say, and now we reveal the Driver Power 2012 winners
- 2Best car of 2012The results are in, and we name our Driver Power 2012 champion
- 3Top 100We asked what you liked and disliked about your car – and 29,000 of you responded. Here are the results
- 4Best manufacturersThe UK's favourite manufacturers, as voted for by tens of thousands of owners
- 5Category winnersWe reveal the best cars in 10 categories - from reliability to performance and running costs - as voted for by you
- 6Class winnersWhich city car is the best? Which SUV should you avoid? Find out in our rundown of the best and worst cars in each class
- 7Best dealersThe best dealers, revealed in our poll of 29,000 Auto Express readers
- 8Best breakdown servicesWhich operator can you rely on in a breakdown? Our results reveal all