The Japanese premium brand has reclaimed its Driver Power top spot for the first time in four years
The premium brand used to be the undisputed king of our influential annual customer satisfaction survey, taking top honours seven times on the trot from 2002. But since 2009, it’s had to play second fiddle to Skoda.
Still, over the past 12 months, Lexus has pulled out all the stops to convince customers of its award-winning potential. And it’s clearly worked, as Lexus owners were overflowing with praise for their cars, voting them best for build quality, reliability and in-car tech.
Add silver medal finishes for ride quality and ease of driving, and it’s easy to see how the brand has won a record eighth Driver Power title. Lexus can’t afford to rest on its laurels, as its margin of victory over Skoda was narrow.
Yet with desirable models such as the new IS compact executive due in dealers later this year, it would take a brave punter to bet against Lexus sealing back-to-back victories in 2014.
- 1Introduction18 class winners, 36 commended cars, 8 Special Awards and the 2013 Auto Express Car of the Year – it's all here
- 2Car of the YearThe most coveted accolade in the world of motoring goes to the SEAT Leon
- 3Best City CarThe Skoda Citigo retains its Best City Car crown thanks to a combination of comfort, low running costs and superb on-road ability
- 4Best SuperminiThe Ford Fiesta wrestles its way back onto the top of the podium after last year's loss to the 208
- 5Best Compact Family CarThe SEAT Leon fights off its fellow VW Group rivals to take the gold medal in one of the most competitive classes around
- 6Best Family CarThe new Mazda 6 sees of all-comers to take family car class honours
- 7Best Estate CarOffering peerless practicality, huge value for money and attractive lines, the Skoda Octavia is the best Estate on the market
- 8Best Five-Seat MPVFord's innovative small MPV pips its big brother – the C-MAX – to the Best Five-seat MPV award
- 9Best MPVFor the third year in a row, the SEAT Alhambra wins the Auto Express Best MPV award
- 10Best CrossoverThe Mazda CX-5 is a talented all-rounder that offers everything you could want from a crossover
- 11Best Compact SUVThe Range Rover Evoque is one of the most striking cars on the road – but it's also more than just a pretty face
- 12Best Large SUVThe talented Santa Fe is one of the best models Hyundai has ever produced
- 13Best Hot HatchThe Ford Fiesta ST is in a class of its own – and better value for money than its key rivals
- 14Best CoupeThe brilliant Porsche Cayman pips its big brother - the 911 – and three-time winner the Peugeot RCZ to the Best Coupe prize
- 15Best RoadsterThe new Porsche Boxster is so good it makes you question why anyone would every buy a 911