Citroen Relay/Peugeot Boxer - best large panel vans
No-nonsense panel vans offer plenty of space and even electric drive
Like the Renault Master and Nissan NV400, the Citroen Relay and Peugeot Boxer are essentially the same van, but with different badges on the nose. And like its French counterpart, there's plenty of variety in the range, too.
There are four lengths in three wheelbases and three roof heights on offer, which means cargo volumes range from 8-17 cubic metres, while a payload of up to 1.44 tonnes is available if that's what's important to you.
Like rivals, there are off-the-shelf conversions also offered, with Luton, dropside, tipper, box body and even curtainside versions available direct from dealers. And like rivals, Citroen and Peugeot offer electric versions of the Relay and Boxer.
In the cab, it's pretty basic when compared to the very latest large vans, but it's functional and roomy for three across the cab.
Power comes from BlueHDi diesels ranging from 110 to 160 power outputs, and while they're a bit noisy, they get the job done.
Best large panel vans 2019
- 1IntroductionWe run down the big vans for sale in the UK to help you choose the right one for your job
- 21. Mercedes SprinterA famous name in the panel van sector, the Mercedes Sprinter majors in heavy-duty toughness and is popular with high mileage operators.
- 32. Volkswagen CrafterThe Volkswagen Crafter brings VW Group technology and quality to the panel van sector
- 43. MAN TGEWith the same tech as the VW Crafter, the TGE is an appealing large van
- 54. Ford TransitFamously described by Ford as the ‘backbone of Britain’, that’s not too far from the truth about the Transit
- 65. Renault Master/Nissan NV400A platform sharing partnership means you can choose your badge on this big van with a practical cabin
- 76. Vauxhall MovanoThe Movano offers huge space and the latest touchscreen tech from the Vauxhall car range
- 87. Citroen Relay/Peugeot Boxer - currently readingNo-nonsense panel vans offer plenty of space and even electric drive
- 98. Fiat DucatoThere's more to the Ducato than just a tech-sharing partnership with Peugeot/Citroen
- 109. Iveco DailyThe Iveco Daily is a great choice for van operators who need a heavy duty vehicle and the support of Iveco’s HGV dealer network
- 1110. LDV V80Revived LDV Maxus offers big-van space with a small-van price tag