Hyundai i10 1.0 - cheapest cars to insure
Like some of its competition the Hyundai i10 has grown up, while still retaining its ease of driving
We love the Hyundai i10 here at Auto Express, as does our sister site Carbuyer. Among the little Korean city car's many talents is its super-affordable group 1 insurance rating for all the 1.0-litre petrol models. The i10 is a fantastic city car that marries low costs with genuine quality and practicality.
The previous Hyundai i10 broke into the mainstream thanks to generous discounts afforded by the government’s car scrappage scheme. But the new model is a world away from its cheap and cheerful predecessor.
Longer, wider and lower than before, the new i10 offers big car features in a small package, complemented by a driving experience that’ll make you think you’re driving a much bigger model. Two petrol engines are available – a 65bhp 1.0-litre three-cylinder or 86bhp 1.2-litre four.
Cheapest cars to insure 2019
Click the tabs on the top left of this page or the links below for full details on the cheapest cars to insure in the UK at the moment.
- 1IntroductionLooking for a car that’s cheap to insure? We’ve listed cars with the cheapest insurance group ratings on sale in the UK today
- 2Ford Ka+ 1.2The Ka+ sits below the Fiesta and owes much of its design language to its big brother, although importantly, it is cheaper to buy
- 3Hyundai i10 1.0 - currently readingLike some of its competition the Hyundai i10 has grown up, while still retaining its ease of driving
- 4Nissan Micra 1.0A new modern face may be on the new Micra, but the same low running costs have remained
- 5Skoda Citigo/Volkswagen up!The Skoda Citigo and Volkswagen up! are great small cars, and both undercut their Spanish sister car, the SEAT Mii, for insurance groups
- 6Volkswagen Polo 1.0The new VW Polo is bigger than ever before, and brings a touch of class to the small car segment