McLaren Senna - Best hypercars
It's not the most powerful car in our list, but light weight and advanced aerodynamics put the Senna in the hyper club
With an illustrious Formula One heritage, McLaren knows a thing or two about producing cars that offer extreme performance. And while the Senna doesn't have the ultimate power output or a hi-tech four-wheel drive system like some of other hypercars in our top 10, it still has the ability to run rings around most of the other cars on the list.
It's devoid of the hybrid trickery of the earlier McLaren P1, too, but the Senna was designed to cut through the air like no other road car. While it may have some awkward lines, the aerodynamic, lightweight carbon fibre construction throughout means the weight is kept down to around 1,200kg, giving very little mass for the 789bhp, 800Nm 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8 to work against. That means it's capable of 0-62mph in 2.8 seconds, can manage 0-124mph in 6.8 seconds and will top out at 208mph.
This may not seem as impressive as some other hypercars in the top 10 list, but then the chassis is designed to deliver searing cornering performance, and the adaptive suspension can be set up to make the Senna corner like no other road-registered car on sale today. One area where the Senna is on a par with its hypercar brethren is price: at £750,000, it's a track car that only the super-rich can afford.
- 1IntroductionWhat are the best hypercars ever? Our top 10 list showcases the most powerful, fastest and most expensive hypercars in the world
- 21. McLaren F1Being the car which kickstarted the hypercar class, the McLaren F1 is a hard act to beat
- 32. Bugatti ChironHow do you follow the incredible Bugatti Veyron? With the Bugatti Chiron, of course
- 43. Mercedes-AMG ONEMercedes-AMG’s ONE uses a modified version of the engine found in Lewis Hamilton’s Formula 1 racing car
- 54. McLaren Senna - currently readingIt's not the most powerful car in our list, but light weight and advanced aerodynamics put the Senna in the hyper club
- 65. Koenigsegg Agera RSSwedish hypercar brand Koenigsegg does things its own way, and it's own way is very, very fast
- 76. Pagani Huayra BCPagani's show-stopper mixes incredible looks with savage performance
- 87. Porsche 918 SpyderA technological feast with awesome performance, the 918 Spyder was even cheap by hypercar standards at 'only' £650k
- 98. GMA T.33Designed by the creator of the McLaren F1, this T.33 uses a Cosworth-built V12 engine
- 109. Ferrari LaFerrariFerrari's most extreme machine to date, the LaFerrari brings F1 performance to the road
- 1110. Aston Martin ValkyrieThe Aston Martin Valkyrie is a 6.5-litre V12 F1-inspired hypercar for the road, and no, you are not dreaming