Iveco Daily - best large panel vans
The Iveco Daily is a great choice for van operators who need a heavy duty vehicle and the support of Iveco’s HGV dealer network
Another large van from a maker more familiar to the truck fraternity, the Iveco Daily is the smallest vehicle that the truck maker builds. And it was given an update in 2019 to make it more efficient without compromising payload weights or volumes.
There's improved safety tech, too, with emergency city braking, adaptive cruise, cross wind control, hill descent and lane assist all making an appearance. These systems are possible due to the addition of electric power steering, which also makes manoeuvring the Daily a breeze on city streets.
The Daily comes with a choice of engines, with the light-duty versions featuring a 2.3-litre diesel, and the heavy-duty vans coming with a 3.0-litre diesel with up to 210bhp. That latter engine is offered in vans that exceed the 3.5-tonne LCV weight limit, so you'll need a CV licence to drive one.
2019's update saw the Daily get a subtly revised look, too, but it's one that's designed to deliver greater efficiency over a radical revamp. The changes under the skin are more significant, and with the addition of the latest connected services, it's a good choice for fleet operators.
Best large panel vans 2019
- 1IntroductionWe run down the big vans for sale in the UK to help you choose the right one for your job
- 21. Mercedes SprinterA famous name in the panel van sector, the Mercedes Sprinter majors in heavy-duty toughness and is popular with high mileage operators.
- 32. Volkswagen CrafterThe Volkswagen Crafter brings VW Group technology and quality to the panel van sector
- 43. MAN TGEWith the same tech as the VW Crafter, the TGE is an appealing large van
- 54. Ford TransitFamously described by Ford as the ‘backbone of Britain’, that’s not too far from the truth about the Transit
- 65. Renault Master/Nissan NV400A platform sharing partnership means you can choose your badge on this big van with a practical cabin
- 76. Vauxhall MovanoThe Movano offers huge space and the latest touchscreen tech from the Vauxhall car range
- 87. Citroen Relay/Peugeot BoxerNo-nonsense panel vans offer plenty of space and even electric drive
- 98. Fiat DucatoThere's more to the Ducato than just a tech-sharing partnership with Peugeot/Citroen
- 109. Iveco Daily - currently readingThe Iveco Daily is a great choice for van operators who need a heavy duty vehicle and the support of Iveco’s HGV dealer network
- 1110. LDV V80Revived LDV Maxus offers big-van space with a small-van price tag