Renault Master/Nissan NV400 - best large panel vans
A platform sharing partnership means you can choose your badge on this big van with a practical cabin
The Renault Master is a veritable Swiss Army knife in the large van market. With 4 wheelbase lengths and 3 roof heights, there's sure to be a panel van to suit your needs, while the Crew Van version offers seating for up to 7 inside.
If that's not quite what you're after, there are off-the-shelf conversions, including Loloader, Luton, box van, tipper (including a lightweight aluminium version) and dropside variants, while going for the chassis cab opens up a variety of dedicated conversions from accredited suppliers.
Throw in the option of front or rear-wheel drive, and the Master really does cater for nearly every requirement. That includes electrification, with the Master ZE offering zero emissions driving for urban deliveries.
While the Master doesn't have as many car-like touches as rivals from VW and Mercedes, it's still a decent place to sit, and that tall driving position delivers a great view out. All of these attributes are shared with the Nissan NV400, which is essentially the same van (bar the electric option), with a 5-year warranty where the Master's is 3 years. Both have a 100,000-mile limit, though.
Best large panel vans 2019
- 1IntroductionWe run down the big vans for sale in the UK to help you choose the right one for your job
- 21. Mercedes SprinterA famous name in the panel van sector, the Mercedes Sprinter majors in heavy-duty toughness and is popular with high mileage operators.
- 32. Volkswagen CrafterThe Volkswagen Crafter brings VW Group technology and quality to the panel van sector
- 43. MAN TGEWith the same tech as the VW Crafter, the TGE is an appealing large van
- 54. Ford TransitFamously described by Ford as the ‘backbone of Britain’, that’s not too far from the truth about the Transit
- 65. Renault Master/Nissan NV400 - currently readingA platform sharing partnership means you can choose your badge on this big van with a practical cabin
- 76. Vauxhall MovanoThe Movano offers huge space and the latest touchscreen tech from the Vauxhall car range
- 87. Citroen Relay/Peugeot BoxerNo-nonsense panel vans offer plenty of space and even electric drive
- 98. Fiat DucatoThere's more to the Ducato than just a tech-sharing partnership with Peugeot/Citroen
- 109. Iveco DailyThe Iveco Daily is a great choice for van operators who need a heavy duty vehicle and the support of Iveco’s HGV dealer network
- 1110. LDV V80Revived LDV Maxus offers big-van space with a small-van price tag