Best luxury cars 2020
Relax in total comfort with our top 10 best luxury cars to buy list - providing your wallet can afford those premium prices
The sign of a great luxury car is that you arrive at your destination, no matter how long or short the distance, feeling more relaxed than when you set off. Whether that is through massaging seats, the quietness of the cabin or the selection of on-board gadgets to play with, a luxury car is designed to be the very best in motoring that money can buy.
Many manufacturers strive to bring a luxury and premium feeling into their cars but many fall flat compared to the ten we have chosen here. The best in the business combine the latest space age technology, unrivalled interior quality and a smooth and silky driving experience all rounded together. Unfortunately, all this luxury doesn’t come cheap so only those with wallets deep enough will be able to experience the otherworldly feeling of travelling around in a five-star hotel on wheels.
The big factor with luxury cars is exactly how much luxury you get for your money. The best cars come with plush seats covered in soft leather, while even the seats in the back will come with electric adjustment and massage functions. There will be legroom to spare and the kind of in-car entertainment that used to be the preserve of first-class transatlantic flights, with high-end audio and visual systems that can be tailored to any requirement or need.
But that's not where a luxury car's talents need to end. There are plenty of cars on sale that are just as good from behind the wheel. Whether it's refined comfort, sharp driving dynamics or unstoppable off-road ability, the ultimate luxury cars aren't just offered in a saloon body style any more. Yes, there are some super-luxurious off-roaders on sale, while the sportiest models astound with their ability to transform from docile grand tourer to sharp track tool at the press of a button.
Luxury cars are not just all for show, they play a key part in predicting which technology will feature on your family hatchback in 10 years time. Players like the Mercedes S-Class have introduced double glazed windows, noise-cancelling tech, autonomous driving systems and remote parking among others into standard everyday cars. But which models are best? We've rounded up our 10 favourites.
Top 10 best luxury cars
- 1Introduction - currently readingRelax in total comfort with our top 10 best luxury cars to buy list - providing your wallet can afford those premium prices
- 21. Mercedes S-ClassMercedes’ technology-crammed flagship is one of the most advanced motorcars you can buy and luxury comes as standard
- 32. Bentley Continental GTThe definition of a 'grand tourer', the Continental GT is the very best that Bentley has to offer
- 43. Range RoverThe mighty Range Rover was designed as an off-roader but it’s evolved into a luxury SUV of rare quality
- 54. Rolls-Royce PhantomThe new Rolls-Royce Phantom is an incredibly luxurious car, and it's also rapid thanks to its 6.75-litre V12 petrol engine
- 65. Porsche PanameraIs it a luxury car? The Porsche Panamera is certainly luxurious but it has the soul of the sports car
- 76. BMW 7 SeriesBMW’s 7 Series is the driver’s choice in the luxury saloon segment
- 87. Audi A8The powerful and economical Audi A8 is a discreet alternative to the Mercedes S-Class
- 98. Bentley BentaygaThe Bentley Bentayga comes with mighty performance and a glamorous image, ideal for drivers looking for a luxury SUV
- 109. Jaguar I-PaceThe Jaguar I-Pace is packed with clever technology and an luxurious interior which makes it quite possibly the best electric car on sale
- 1110. Lexus LSThe big hybrid Lexus LS might not quite have the class of rivals but it’s utterly relaxing to drive