Best cars for luggage space and pets
Cars with lots of space can come in all shapes and sizes, from SUVs and MPVs to estates and van-based people carriers
Space is usually in short supply when going on holiday with your car. Trying to squeeze in all the luggage while still leaving enough room for the family pet can be a difficult task, but thankfully there are plenty of cars that offer plenty of space. They can come in all shapes and sizes, from large SUVs and MPVs to estates and van-based people carriers, but the cars below are the ones that we think are the best for luggage space and pets.
Skoda Superb Estate
No holiday is complete without suitcases, and the Skoda Superb Estate’s 660-litre boot will have no problems consuming even the most ambitious of packing attempts. Because it’s an estate and not an SUV the load lip is lower, so it’s easier to cram bags into, while a variable boot floor can be added for £150. Fold the rear seats and you have 1,950 litres of space. The Superb was rated first in Driver Power for interior storage, too, meaning there’s plenty of space for snacks and drinks.
Land Rover Discovery
Speaking of vans, thanks to its ancestry, the Fiat Doblo has a 3,200-litre boot with the rear seats removed, which is a remarkable amount of space for the price.
Click on the links to the left or below for our best holiday cars in each category...
- 1IntroductionLooking for the perfect summer holiday car? Our handy guide rounds up the best
- 2Best cars for road tripsWhat are the best cars for road trips? We pick out three of the best for long drives
- 3Best cars for family holidaysSpace, ease of use and a good infotainment system are all vital when looking for the perfect car for a family holiday
- 4Best cars for city breaksWe round-up the best cars available for the perfect city break
- 5Best cars for infotainment Our best cars for infotainment feature Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, MirrorLink and much, much more
- 6Best cars for luggage space and pets - currently readingCars with lots of space can come in all shapes and sizes, from SUVs and MPVs to estates and van-based people carriers
- 7Best cars for outdoor pursuitsHeading off-road for your summer holiday? Then you're going to need one of these rugged cars ready for outdoor pursuits
- 8Best cars for low fuel billsIf you're taking your car on holiday the best way to save money is to pick a car with low fuel bills
- 9Best cars for towing a caravanCaravanning has been popular in Britain for decades. These are the best cars if you are planning on taking your home with you this summer