Peugeot 3008 review - MPG, CO2 and running costs
Peugeot offers frugal petrol, diesel and hybrid engines for the 3008.
The 128bhp 1.5 BlueHDi diesel with the eight-speed auto 'box manages up to 56.3mpg with 135g/km of CO2 emissions, with the manual version just slightly less efficient.
Petrol options start with the 1.2-litre 130 PureTech; a three-cylinder unit which returns up to 47.2mpg and emits 146g/km of CO2 with a manual gearbox. The four-cylinder 1.6-litre PureTech 180 is a punchier unit that’ll cost a little bit more to run as a result: CO2 emissions start from 165g/km, with fuel economy of up to 39.6mpg. Driving modes include Eco, Normal and Sport, which you can toggle through for a little extra response, or to eke out a few extra miles from the tank.
If you make sure you regularly charge the batteries, then Peugeot claims it is possible to see over 200mpg for the Hybrid models on the combined cycle, while both also offer an all-electric range of up to 40 miles.
Insuring the Peugeot 3008 will cost about the same as the rival Nissan Qashqai, with the cheapest model being the PureTech 130 in entry-level Active trim, which is in group 11. That changes depending on the trim you go for, but in general the 1.2 will be the cheapest to insure.
The 1.6 petrol is in group 13, while the lower-powered 1.6 diesel is in group 12. Our choice of engine, the 128bhp 1.5 diesel, is in group 16, or 18 in GT Line trim. The 2.0-litre diesel engines sit between groups 21 and 24, depending on which spec you go for.
In this review
- 1Peugeot 3008 reviewThe Peugeot 3008 is a front-running crossover that offers a spacious, upmarket cabin and plenty of kit.
- 2Engines, performance and driveEfficient engines and a composed ride both work in the 3008's favour
- 3MPG, CO2 and Running Costs - currently readingPeugeot offers frugal petrol, diesel and hybrid engines for the 3008.
- 4Interior, design and technologyThe 3008 looks good and has one of the best interiors in its class.
- 5Practicality, comfort and boot spaceThe 3008 has a bigger boot than a Nissan Qashqai and plenty of space inside
- 6Reliability and SafetyThe Peugeot 3008 offers lots of safety kit and a five-star Euro NCAP rating, while customers praise its reliability.