Fiat Ducato - best large panel vans
There's more to the Ducato than just a tech-sharing partnership with Peugeot/Citroen
That means you have a choice of 2.0 115 Multijet or 2.2 Multijet in 130, 150 or 180 guises. Not only that, but the 150 version also comes in Ecojet guise with additional fuel saving tech included. There's even an electric conversion available, should you need one.
One thing that doesn't change over the PSA models is the cargo volumes that the Ducato can carry. There's a maximum cargo volume of up to 17 cubic metres, while payloads are available up to 2.2 tonnes.
As well as the panel van, there's a spacious crew van variant and a dropside or tipper, which comes in either single or double cab forms. Whichever version you choose, the Fiat can be had with a traction control system that can compensate for off-road driving, while the stability control automatically adjusts according to the amount of payload and its distribution in the load area.
Best large panel vans 2019
- 1IntroductionWe run down the big vans for sale in the UK to help you choose the right one for your job
- 21. Mercedes SprinterA famous name in the panel van sector, the Mercedes Sprinter majors in heavy-duty toughness and is popular with high mileage operators.
- 32. Volkswagen CrafterThe Volkswagen Crafter brings VW Group technology and quality to the panel van sector
- 43. MAN TGEWith the same tech as the VW Crafter, the TGE is an appealing large van
- 54. Ford TransitFamously described by Ford as the ‘backbone of Britain’, that’s not too far from the truth about the Transit
- 65. Renault Master/Nissan NV400A platform sharing partnership means you can choose your badge on this big van with a practical cabin
- 76. Vauxhall MovanoThe Movano offers huge space and the latest touchscreen tech from the Vauxhall car range
- 87. Citroen Relay/Peugeot BoxerNo-nonsense panel vans offer plenty of space and even electric drive
- 98. Fiat Ducato - currently readingThere's more to the Ducato than just a tech-sharing partnership with Peugeot/Citroen
- 109. Iveco DailyThe Iveco Daily is a great choice for van operators who need a heavy duty vehicle and the support of Iveco’s HGV dealer network
- 1110. LDV V80Revived LDV Maxus offers big-van space with a small-van price tag