Ford Transit - best large panel vans
Famously described by Ford as the ‘backbone of Britain’, that’s not too far from the truth about the Transit
With the latest Transit, Ford divided up the range so that the largest model is called Transit, with the Transit Custom catering for the mid-sized sector. That has allowed Ford to concentrate on producing a large van that's perfect for work use, while constant updates have helped to keep the Transit fresh.
The most recent updates saw the Transit benefit from Ford's car tech, with the introduction of SYNC3 voice-controlled touchscreen sat-nav on top-spec versions. There was also the addition of a new EcoBlue diesel designed to improve efficiency over the older TDCi diesel. That means you'll go further on a tankful of diesel, without compromising on payload.
As before, there are panel van, crew cab and tipper versions of the Transit, while the passenger carrying versions are great for minibus work. And if you have a specific need in mind from your Transit, then the chassis cab version is available for conversion companies to do their work on.
Best large panel vans 2019
- 1IntroductionWe run down the big vans for sale in the UK to help you choose the right one for your job
- 21. Mercedes SprinterA famous name in the panel van sector, the Mercedes Sprinter majors in heavy-duty toughness and is popular with high mileage operators.
- 32. Volkswagen CrafterThe Volkswagen Crafter brings VW Group technology and quality to the panel van sector
- 43. MAN TGEWith the same tech as the VW Crafter, the TGE is an appealing large van
- 54. Ford Transit - currently readingFamously described by Ford as the ‘backbone of Britain’, that’s not too far from the truth about the Transit
- 65. Renault Master/Nissan NV400A platform sharing partnership means you can choose your badge on this big van with a practical cabin
- 76. Vauxhall MovanoThe Movano offers huge space and the latest touchscreen tech from the Vauxhall car range
- 87. Citroen Relay/Peugeot BoxerNo-nonsense panel vans offer plenty of space and even electric drive
- 98. Fiat DucatoThere's more to the Ducato than just a tech-sharing partnership with Peugeot/Citroen
- 109. Iveco DailyThe Iveco Daily is a great choice for van operators who need a heavy duty vehicle and the support of Iveco’s HGV dealer network
- 1110. LDV V80Revived LDV Maxus offers big-van space with a small-van price tag