MAN TGE - best large panel vans
With the same tech as the VW Crafter, the TGE is an appealing large van
If the MAN TGE looks familiar, it should, because aside from the MAN badges, it's essentially the VW Crafter. You see, MAN is part of the VW Group, and while the maker is famous for its trucks, it has added the TGE to the line-up to cater for fleet truck users who need something a little smaller to bolster their fleet.
To say that the TGE is the smallest model in the MAN range seems crazy when the Crafter is the largest one in the VW Commercial Vehicles range. But when your fleet comprises 18 and 44-tonne lorries, then that's what it is. Either way, it benefits from the same range of tech as the Crafter, and there are the same variety of van sizes on offer, as well as Crew Cab Pickup and Chassis Cab versions so you can tailor your own bodywork to your needs.
The Crafter's safety kit is carried over intact, too. That means hands-free trailer parking assist is available, as well as adaptive cruise control, lane keeping with steering assist and blind spot detection, while crosswind assist is part of the stability control system.
Best large panel vans 2019
- 1IntroductionWe run down the big vans for sale in the UK to help you choose the right one for your job
- 21. Mercedes SprinterA famous name in the panel van sector, the Mercedes Sprinter majors in heavy-duty toughness and is popular with high mileage operators.
- 32. Volkswagen CrafterThe Volkswagen Crafter brings VW Group technology and quality to the panel van sector
- 43. MAN TGE - currently readingWith the same tech as the VW Crafter, the TGE is an appealing large van
- 54. Ford TransitFamously described by Ford as the ‘backbone of Britain’, that’s not too far from the truth about the Transit
- 65. Renault Master/Nissan NV400A platform sharing partnership means you can choose your badge on this big van with a practical cabin
- 76. Vauxhall MovanoThe Movano offers huge space and the latest touchscreen tech from the Vauxhall car range
- 87. Citroen Relay/Peugeot BoxerNo-nonsense panel vans offer plenty of space and even electric drive
- 98. Fiat DucatoThere's more to the Ducato than just a tech-sharing partnership with Peugeot/Citroen
- 109. Iveco DailyThe Iveco Daily is a great choice for van operators who need a heavy duty vehicle and the support of Iveco’s HGV dealer network
- 1110. LDV V80Revived LDV Maxus offers big-van space with a small-van price tag