Range Rover - best luxury cars
The mighty Range Rover was designed as an off-roader but it’s evolved into a luxury SUV of rare quality
Despite its SUV body, the Range Rover is just as comfortable as a long-distance cruiser as it is ploughing through a muddy field. Despite its imposing presence, the Range Rover is surprisingly nimble and hugely refined.
The Range Rover comes in four trim levels - the 'entry' level Vogue, the mid-range Vogue SE, the Autobiography and bespoke SV Autobiography tops the range. Engines are large in capacity, with a 3.0-litre SDV6 diesel in two outputs, a 4.4 SDV8 diesel and a 5.0 supercharged petrol V8 also available.
With the extra height the Range Rover has over its rivals, it feels truly massive in the back, especially in long wheelbase guise, and it gives a fantastic view. One downside of its sheer size though, is that it’s quite a climb up into the car.
Top 10 best luxury cars
- 1IntroductionRelax in total comfort with our top 10 best luxury cars to buy list - providing your wallet can afford those premium prices
- 21. Mercedes S-ClassMercedes’ technology-crammed flagship is one of the most advanced motorcars you can buy and luxury comes as standard
- 32. Bentley Continental GTThe definition of a 'grand tourer', the Continental GT is the very best that Bentley has to offer
- 43. Range Rover - currently readingThe mighty Range Rover was designed as an off-roader but it’s evolved into a luxury SUV of rare quality
- 54. Rolls-Royce PhantomThe definition of a 'grand tourer', the Continental GT is the very best that Bentley has to offer
- 65. Porsche PanameraIs it a luxury car? The Porsche Panamera is certainly luxurious but it has the soul of the sports car
- 76. BMW 7 SeriesBMW’s 7 Series is the driver’s choice in the luxury saloon segment
- 87. Audi A8The powerful and economical Audi A8 is a discreet alternative to the Mercedes S-Class
- 98. Bentley BentaygaThe Bentley Bentayga comes with mighty performance and a glamorous image, ideal for drivers looking for a luxury SUV
- 109. Jaguar I-PaceThe Jaguar I-Pace is packed with clever technology and an luxurious interior which makes it quite possibly the best electric car on sale
- 1110. Lexus LSThe big hybrid Lexus LS might not quite have the class of rivals but it’s utterly relaxing to drive