Renault Kadjar review - Reliability and safety
Sharing a number of parts with the reliable Nissan Qashqai should stand the Renault Kadjar in good stead
The Renault Kadjar shares many of its parts with the Nissan Qashqai, but it finished behind the Nissan in our 2020 Driver Power survey. However, with a replacement Kadjar model due in 2021, the manufacturer will be expecting a climb up the rankings.
Renault itself finished 15th out of 30 manufacturers in the customer satisfaction poll, ahead of rivals such as Citroen, Volkswagen and Ford.
The Kadjar earned a five-star rating when it was tested by Euro NCAP in 2015, just like the Nissan Qashqai. All but the entry-level model has a lane departure warning, while top-spec cars include a speed alert with traffic sign recognition and a blind spot warning system. Reversing sensors are offered as standard with the Play trim, but all other equipment levels add front sensors and a reversing camera.
Renault offers warranty cover for up to 5 years, with unlimited mileage during the first 24 months, then limited to a total of 100,000 miles or 5 years.
The Renault Kadjar is, of course, available with all the same servicing plans and offers as the rest of the product range. Scheduled servicing is every 12 months or 12,500 miles, and owners can purchase a package that covers this for a set period of time.
In this review
- 1Renault Kadjar reviewThe Renault Kadjar takes the Nissan Qashqai’s talents and wraps them in a more stylish package
- 2Engines, performance and driveThe Kadjar gets a range of powerful yet efficient turbocharged engines, but some rivals are more fun to drive
- 3MPG, CO2 and Running CostsThe most efficient Renault Kadjar emits just 111g/km of CO2
- 4Interior, design and technologyFunky styling outside, though interior design looks a little bland compared to some rivals
- 5Practicality, comfort and boot spaceDespite being based on the Nissan Qashqai, the Renault Kadjar is actually bigger inside
- 6Reliability and Safety - currently readingSharing a number of parts with the reliable Nissan Qashqai should stand the Renault Kadjar in good stead