Rolls-Royce Phantom - best luxury cars
The definition of a 'grand tourer', the Continental GT is the very best that Bentley has to offer
To improve upon the previous car, the Phantom was redeveloped from the ground up, leaving no ostentatious stone unturned.
There’s no doubt that the Phantom is an incredible car. It's powered by a 6.75-litre V12 petrol engine, which produces 563bhp and 900Nm of torque. This allows you to plant your right foot and accelerate from a standstill to 62mph in 5.3 seconds and on to a limited top speed of 155mph.
The price is suitably large to go with the Rolls’ grand dimensions and 21- or 22-inch wheels, as the least you can expect to pay is £300,000. So much as look at the options list and you will find that figure heading north beyond the £400,000 mark.
On the road it is obviously, unbelievably quiet and comfortable, but should you find yourself in the driver's seat, you have a mixture of features to make sure you enjoy your time there. Firstly, there is four-wheel steering to aid in low-speed manoeuvres and high-speed stability, then there is the air suspension and active roll management to prevent unwanted lurching of the body through the corners.
Top 10 best luxury cars
- 1IntroductionRelax in total comfort with our top 10 best luxury cars to buy list - providing your wallet can afford those premium prices
- 21. Mercedes S-ClassMercedes’ technology-crammed flagship is one of the most advanced motorcars you can buy and luxury comes as standard
- 32. Bentley Continental GTThe definition of a 'grand tourer', the Continental GT is the very best that Bentley has to offer
- 43. Range RoverThe mighty Range Rover was designed as an off-roader but it’s evolved into a luxury SUV of rare quality
- 54. Rolls-Royce Phantom - currently readingThe definition of a 'grand tourer', the Continental GT is the very best that Bentley has to offer
- 65. Porsche PanameraIs it a luxury car? The Porsche Panamera is certainly luxurious but it has the soul of the sports car
- 76. BMW 7 SeriesBMW’s 7 Series is the driver’s choice in the luxury saloon segment
- 87. Audi A8The powerful and economical Audi A8 is a discreet alternative to the Mercedes S-Class
- 98. Bentley BentaygaThe Bentley Bentayga comes with mighty performance and a glamorous image, ideal for drivers looking for a luxury SUV
- 109. Jaguar I-PaceThe Jaguar I-Pace is packed with clever technology and an luxurious interior which makes it quite possibly the best electric car on sale
- 1110. Lexus LSThe big hybrid Lexus LS might not quite have the class of rivals but it’s utterly relaxing to drive