Rolls-Royce Phantom - best luxury cars
The new Rolls-Royce Phantom is an incredibly luxurious car, and it's also rapid thanks to its 6.75-litre V12 petrol engine
To improve upon the previous car, the Rolls-Royce Phantom was redeveloped from the ground up, leaving no ostentatious stone unturned.
There’s no doubt that the Phantom is an incredible car. It's powered by a 6.75-litre V12 petrol engine, which produces 563bhp and 900Nm of torque. This allows you to plant your right foot and accelerate from a standstill to 62mph in 5.3 seconds and on to a limited top speed of 155mph.
The price is suitably large to go with the Rolls’ grand dimensions and 21- or 22-inch wheels, as the least you can expect to pay is £300,000. So much as look at the options list and you will find that figure heading north beyond the £400,000 mark.
On the road it is obviously, unbelievably quiet and comfortable, but should you find yourself in the driver's seat, you have a mixture of features to make sure you enjoy your time there. Firstly, there is four-wheel steering to aid in low-speed manoeuvres and high-speed stability, then there is the air suspension and active roll management to prevent unwanted lurching of the body through the corners.
Top 10 best luxury cars
- 1IntroductionRelax in total comfort with our top 10 best luxury cars to buy list - providing your wallet can afford those premium prices
- 21. Mercedes S-ClassMercedes’ technology-crammed flagship is one of the most advanced motorcars you can buy and luxury comes as standard
- 32. Bentley Continental GTThe definition of a 'grand tourer', the Continental GT is the very best that Bentley has to offer
- 43. Range RoverThe mighty Range Rover was designed as an off-roader but it’s evolved into a luxury SUV of rare quality
- 54. Rolls-Royce Phantom - currently readingThe new Rolls-Royce Phantom is an incredibly luxurious car, and it's also rapid thanks to its 6.75-litre V12 petrol engine
- 65. Porsche PanameraIs it a luxury car? The Porsche Panamera is certainly luxurious but it has the soul of the sports car
- 76. BMW 7 SeriesBMW’s 7 Series is the driver’s choice in the luxury saloon segment
- 87. Audi A8The powerful and economical Audi A8 is a discreet alternative to the Mercedes S-Class
- 98. Bentley BentaygaThe Bentley Bentayga comes with mighty performance and a glamorous image, ideal for drivers looking for a luxury SUV
- 109. Jaguar I-PaceThe Jaguar I-Pace is packed with clever technology and an luxurious interior which makes it quite possibly the best electric car on sale
- 1110. Lexus LSThe big hybrid Lexus LS might not quite have the class of rivals but it’s utterly relaxing to drive