Best price: £79.99 (without charging cradle)
It might be small and dinky, but the Jawbone ERA delivers just as clear audio as its peers with huge boom mics. Owing to its compact size, the unit is comfortable to wear – you’ll forget you have it in after a while. The maker claims that it cancels background noise as it only picks up voices based on movement in the user’s jawbone, hence the name. We liked the neat charging cradle, but this costs extra.
In this review
- 1IntroductionWhat is the best Bluetooth hands-free kit for your car? Here are our top visor mounts and earpieces
- 2Visor-mount: Plantronics K100
- 3Visor-mount: Parrot Minikit Neo 2 HDAn update of the highly rated Minikit Neo, this new unit betters its predecessor.
- 4Visor-mount: Supertooth HD Voice
- 5Visor-mount: Olixar Clip & Talk
- 6Earpiece: Jabra MOTION
- 7Earpiece: Jawbone ERA - currently reading
- 8Earpiece: Plantronics Voyager Legend
- 9Earpiece: Jabra STORM
- 10Earpiece: Plantronics Voyager Edge
- 11Earpiece: Plantronics ML18The Plantronics ML18 kit is wonderfully cheap to buy, but the way it goes about its business wouldn’t suggest as much, as it ranks only behind the Jawbone ERA for compact earpiece performance.
- 12Earpiece: Sony MBH20
- 13Earpiece: Jabra STEALTH