Which cars carry the family and all their clobber from A to B most effectively?
No car offers more space and practicality than an MPV, and these days the best ones look good and handle well, too. Our results reveal the cars that keep both driver and kids happy.
Read our latest run down of the best MPVs
Winner: Ford S-MAX It’s difficult for MPVs to impress buyers, as their sheer size often means compromised running costs and handling. According to owners, the Ford S-MAX does the best job and scored highly in the ride comfort and handling categories. A 77th-place finish for reliability and 85th for running costs show where the big seven-seater could improve, though.
Last place: Renault Scenic/Grand Scenic If the S-MAX shows how an MPV can impress, the Renault Scenic and Grand Scenic show how to disappoint. Owners of Renault’s MPVs want more performance, better brakes, improved handling and lower running costs. They were impressed with the Scenic’s practicality, but its 61st-place finish in that category wasn’t enough to lift it from the bottom of the MPV class.
|Last place||Renault||Scenic MkII||79.73%|
See the results…
- 1IntroductionWhich city car is the best? Which SUV should you avoid? Find out in our rundown of the best and worst cars in each class
- 2Best superminiWhich models offer the benefits of a small car, with the reassurance and solidity of something a bit bigger?
- 3Best compact family carWhich compact family cars give the best combination of style and practicality?
- 4Best family carValue, practicality and reliability are essential values in the family car sector
- 5Best compact executive carQuality, durability and prestige are what buyers look for, and you’ve told us who does it best
- 6Best executive carWhich executive cars manage the tricky combination of prestige, comfort and dynamics?
- 7Best sports carOur survey finds out which sports cars give you the biggest thrills
- 8Best MPV - currently readingWhich cars carry the family and all their clobber from A to B most effectively?
- 9Best SUVWhich off-roader has the best mix of style and substance?