The reader vote
We gave you the chance to vote for your favourite performance car and here's the results
You've seen what we think, but what about you? Our online poll gave you the chance to vote for your favourite performance car of the last 12 months, and the result could hardly have been closer.
More than 2,000 of you took part, and the McLaren MP4-12C came out on top with 13.3 per cent of the total – a handful of votes ahead of the Ferrari 458 Italia. Third place went to the Renaultsport Megane Trophy 265.
- 1IntroductionOur annual fast car shoot-out tests and rates 30 of the most exciting models to drive in the world.
- 2Performance Car Of The Year 30-24We rate 30 of the year's greatest hot models, to name our Performance Car Of The Year 2011
- 3Performance Car Of The Year 23-17We rate 30 of the year's greatest hot models, to name our Performance Car Of The Year 2011
- 4Performance Car Of The Year 16-11We rate 30 of the year's greatest hot models, to name our Performance Car Of The Year 2011
- 5Audi RS3Imposing looks and quattro all-wheel drive make the Audi RS3 stand out.
- 6MINI Cooper SDMINI Cooper SD impresses on road, but there ’s more body roll than in hot petrol versions on track.
- 7Jaguar XKR-SThe hottest model in the range is more capable than before - and the wet conditions didn’t stop us enjoying the XKR-S
- 8Ford Fiesta MetalFor driving thrills on a budget, you can’t go far wrong with the fast Ford Fiesta Metal
- 9Renaultsport Megane 265 TrophyThe 265 Trophy redefines what a family hatchback can do by setting the fastest lap time of any front-wheel-drive-car
- 10McLaren MP4-12CPhenomenal pace and exceptional handling mark the new McLaren firmly in the top echelon of supercars
- 11Aston Martin V8 Vantage SThis faster, lighter and better looking S version is the best Aston Martin Vantage yet
- 12Porsche Cayman RThe Cayman R's 325bhp engine delivers mighty performance and the drive is intoxicating
- 13Mercedes C63 AMG CoupeWith its sleek looks, spine-tingling soundtrack and nimble chassis, the C63 may be AMG’s best effort yet
- 14Ferrari 458 ItaliaThe glorious soundtrack of its V8, sharp responses and incredible gearbox help the 458 clinch its second consecutive PCOTY title
- 15The reader vote - currently readingWe gave you the chance to vote for your favourite performance car and here's the results
- 16A decade of championsA run-through of our performance car champions from the last 10 years