Caterham Seven - best performance cars
Fancy a classic British sports car experience from a brand new car? Look no further than the Caterham Seven
The Caterham Seven is a riot to drive, in whatever spec you buy it in – largely down to its incredible handling and lightweight body. Even after 60 years of production, the Seven continues to offer a unique driving experience which provides the kind of connected sensations only the best track cars can.
The Seven’s lineage can be traced all the way back to 1957. It was originally designed by Colin Chapman, and the current models look remarkably similar to those first penned by Mr Chapman all those years ago.
While the feedback and feel of the car is excellent, the low slung body and roofless design will mean you’ll feel vulnerable at times. For motorists looking to experience the thrill of owning a Seven, without having to tame a vast amount of horsepower, there is the Seven 160, powered by an 80bhp turbocharged three-cylinder Suzuki engine.
Top 10 best performance cars 2019
- 1IntroductionWe run through the top ten performance cars on sale in the UK right now
- 21. Porsche 911 Mixing supercar-baiting speed with day-to-day useability this new Porsche 911 is a tour de force in the performance car market
- 32. Aston Martin DBS SuperleggeraAston Martin’s flagship amplifies everything that makes the DB11 special
- 43. Mclaren 600LT If you were one of the very few who thought the McLaren 570S wasn’t hardcore enough, meet the McLaren 600LT.
- 54. Ferrari 488 PistaThe combination of road-car and race car in the Pista make for a fabulous, yet focused supercar.
- 65. Porsche 718 Cayman/BoxsterSwitch to four-cylinder power hasn't failed to dilute the Porsche 718 Cayman’s excellent driving experience
- 76. Caterham Seven - currently readingFancy a classic British sports car experience from a brand new car? Look no further than the Caterham Seven
- 87. BMW M5 CompetitionThe BMW M5 Competition makes the best super saloon even more super
- 98. McLaren 720SMcLaren 720S supercar builds on the reputation of its 650 and 675 predecessors
- 109. Honda Civic Type RWhile the looks are an acquired taste, there's no arguing with the Honda Civic Type R's ability
- 1110. Ford Fiesta STThe Ford Fiesta ST cements the brand’s reputation as a reliable maker of thrilling hot hatches