Jaguar XE review - Reliability and safety
The Jaguar XE scores top marks for safety, but customer feedback suggests reliability could be an issue
The latest Jaguar XE did not feature in our 2020 Driver Power survey, but the British manufacturer itself achieved an encouraging 12th-place finish out of 30 manufacturers. Owners reported that their cars were amazing to drive but heavy on fuel, while overall reliability was not as good as some rivals.
On the safety front there’s no need to worry, with the car achieving an excellent five-star result in its Euro NCAP crash test in 2015. Its 92% score for adult occupant protection was particularly impressive. Standard safety kit includes six airbags, traction control, stability control, Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB), Lane Keep Assist, Traffic Sign Recognition and Pedestrian Contact Sensing.
The Jaguar XE comes with a three-year, unlimited mileage warranty, meaning business buyers looking to do big mileages can have peace of mind. It’s fairly standard aside from the mileage de-restriction, covering any mechanical or electrical parts that fail outside of what could be considered normal wear and tear.
Jaguar offers fixed price service plans with flexible payment options. Plans are also transferable between cars, so your plan can be carried across to any subsequent Jaguar model. All parts used in Jaguar’s servicing are covered by a 24-month warranty.
In this review
- 1Jaguar XE reviewThe Jaguar XE is a small saloon that delivers a fine balance between performance, efficiency and luxury
- 2Engines, performance and driveGreat to drive and very comfortable; despite a narrow engine choice there should be something for everyone here
- 3MPG, CO2 and Running CostsOverall the XE is a very cost-effective executive saloon to buy and run
- 4Interior, design and technologyWith smart looks inside and out, and one of the best multimedia systems out there – the XE is designed for the cutting edge driver
- 5Practicality, comfort and boot spaceGreat ride quality is tempered by a cabin that lacks space compared to rivals, and the boot has a similar issue
- 6Reliability and Safety - currently readingThe Jaguar XE scores top marks for safety, but customer feedback suggests reliability could be an issue
- 7Long term reviewFinal report: we look back as the sun sets on our time with the Jaguar XE P300