Cupra Ateca review - Interior, design and technology
The use of high-end materials and a digital dashboard give the Cupra Ateca a premium feel
The designers have worked hard to give the Cupra Ateca a bespoke, sporty feel, but there’s no disguising the fact that you’re sat inside a SEAT. Not even with a Cupra logo staring back at you from the centre of the steering wheel.
It’s not that the interior doesn’t impress. The cabin is loaded with soft-touch plastics, while the Alcantara seats are comfortable and supportive. Other nice touches include the Alcantara door cards, copper stitching, Cupra logo puddle lights and aluminium pedals.
Overall, the interior design stays just the right side of tasteful, but we’d hope for a more bespoke approach from future Cupra models. Not that there are any complaints concerning the level of specification.
All cars come with keyless entry and start, dual-zone climate control, wireless phone charging and tinted rear windows, while heated seats are available as part of the Comfort & Sound pack.
Crucially, the Cupra is the only Ateca to feature a digital cockpit. Similar in style and using the same electronics as Audi’s Virtual Cockpit, it features a 1280 x 480 pixel TFT display that replaces the analogue dials with full-colour dials that can be set to show maps, navigation and a host of other information.
Sat-nav, stereo and infotainment
The 8-inch infotainment system found on higher-end SEAT Ateca models is standard on the Cupra, delivering the usual navigation and entertainment information, as well as performance-led data, such as oil temperature and G-forces.
In this review
- 1Cupra Ateca reviewThe Cupra Ateca is a talented performance SUV that offers tremendous pace, hot hatch-rivalling handling and loads of kit
- 2Engines, performance and drive296bhp and sharp handling combine to create one of the most exhilarating SUVs you can buy
- 3MPG, CO2 and Running CostsReasonable fuel economy for a performance SUV, but VED will be expensive if you go overboard with options
- 4Interior, design and technology - currently readingThe use of high-end materials and a digital dashboard give the Cupra Ateca a premium feel
- 5Practicality, comfort and boot spacePracticality is almost on a par with the SEAT version, but the boot is slightly smaller
- 6Reliability and SafetyThe Cupra Ateca is likely to be as reliable as the SEAT version, with buyers treated to a personalised service