Audi RS6 Avant
While the Merc AMGs have always been popular as estate versions, it’s the hot Audi Avants that arguably offer a smidge more practicality.
Price: £79,505Engine: 4.0-litre 8cyl turboPower: 552bhpTorque: 700Nm0-62mph: 3.9 secondsTop speed: 155mph
While the Merc AMGs have always been popular as estate versions, it’s the hot Audi Avants that arguably offer a smidge more practicality – if nothing else thanks to their 4x4 quattro drivetrains that are a little less challenging to drive fast.
They’ve always been admired for their style too, and the handsome Audi RS6 is a case in point. It’s broad-chested muscular demeanour looking polished and threatening all at once. The latest hot version of Audi’s big A6 estate car may have a downsized V8, but as you’d expect performance is undiminished. 0-62mph arrives in a shockingly quick 3.9 seconds, or 3.7 seconds if you pay a bit extra for the 597bhp performance pack.
- 1IntroductionHaving a family shouldn't limit you to a boring estate or people carrier - here's our top 10 fast family cars
- 2Porsche Macan TurboIf you think that a compact SUV can’t be a fast, fun car, then think again
- 3BMW M3Not many models on the road carry the same weight of expectation as the BMW M3.
- 4SEAT Leon Cupra 290Costing about the same price as a Golf GTI, but with 69bhp more, the Leon Cupra 290 shouldn’t be ignored by anybody in the market for a hot hatchback
- 5Mercedes-AMG C63Anyone who’s ever admired a regular Mercedes C-Class, will positively be drooling over the AMG C63 version – especially in hottest S trim.
- 6Audi RS6 Avant - currently readingWhile the Merc AMGs have always been popular as estate versions, it’s the hot Audi Avants that arguably offer a smidge more practicality.
- 7Skoda Octavia vRS
- 8VW Golf RThe most famous hot hatch you can buy is better than ever in its latest guise
- 9Alpina D3Fast and fun cars don’t just have to run on petrol.
- 10Ford Focus RS
- 11Tesla Model S P90DThe Tesla Model S P90D is a great family cruiser, that’s comfortable, refined and – as an electric-only car – extremely quiet